What's new

A really nice boar brush.

I just ordered a Zenith 502 BC brush, from "Your Shaving". I've heard so many good things about Zenith boar brushes, especially this model. If you own one of these or any Zenith boar brush, I'd like to hear your opinion of it.
When I get mine in, I'll give a review here. This is what the 502 BC looks like.

502-BC.jpg

Last edited:

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have a Zenith Wenghe and it is probably the most dense of all my boars. It is breaking in slowly, or rather I am breaking it in slowly as I rotate through a variety of brushes. I am just beginning to see its potential as it continues to open up. More regular use will definitely help things along, but I’m in no hurry. I like the simple dark Wenghe wood handle and compact size of the knot. I’m Looking forward to how this brush will continue to develop… I think favourably.

I have a Zenith Wenghe and it is probably the most dense of all my boars. It is breaking in slowly, or rather I am breaking it in slowly as I rotate through a variety of brushes. I am just beginning to see its potential as it continues to open up. More regular use will definitely help things along, but I’m in no hurry. I like the simple dark Wenghe wood handle and compact size of the knot. I’m Looking forward to how this brush will continue to develop… I think favourably.
It seems you have a nice brush. Post a picture of it sometime. I would love to see it.

Here is my Zenith 502 Bleached, in a snap I took just now:

2023.11.11Z502.jpg

This one came out of the box new very recently. I have noted elsewhere how impressive I've been with how easily this one has been breaking-in. I have nevertheless been running it through my break-in process, and it just keeps getting better and better.

Overall, the head on this has opened up relatively faster than the tips have softened/split, somewhat contrary to my expectations.

The tips are not "bad" at this early juncture, as one can see, but--as the tip splitting advances--is destined to be a large and luxurious brush. It is very capable at lathering already.

Does one need a knot that is this large? A question one must answer for themselves. It is a stunner IMO.

Bill

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have 4 Zenith boars. I have the Wenghe pictured above. I have two bleached knot boars: one with the 506 solid copper handle and one with the greenish Malachite resin 502 handle. I also have an unbleached boar with the black resin 506 handle. I bought 2 of them from YourShaving and the other two from The Gentle Shave on eBay.

I have one other Zenith brush: their very fine Manchurian badger with the solid copper 506 handle. It is a 27.5mm and holds its own against my SV Manchurian badgers. I'm not sure you can find a better badger brush in that price range, though I'm sure this is subjective. I like soft tips but enough backbone so the feel isn't completely soft in use. This was my first Zenith brush and I got it from the above mentioned "The Gentle Shave" on eBay.

I got the same Zenith 502 cobalt coming as well as the Zenith 507 cobalt. Thanks for the picture of the 507 in hand, looks superb plus when reading dimensions its always nice to see. I am looking forward to them all. I also just got my Omega Olive wood boar, just came in as I saw my phone rofl.

I have an 507n an it really is a nice brush but need some time too break in nicely. I did this whit my brush by using it for 30 days straight and it developed nicely in one of the best boar brushes i have. I also have the AYLM Krokus brush and i think this also has a zenith knot and that brush is even better, so nice and soft.

I have an 507n an it really is a nice brush but need some time too break in nicely. I did this whit my brush by using it for 30 days straight and it developed nicely in one of the best boar brushes i have. I also have the AYLM Krokus brush and i think this also has a zenith knot and that brush is even better, so nice and soft.
Where's the pictures?

I got the same Zenith 502 cobalt coming as well as the Zenith 507 cobalt. Thanks for the picture of the 507 in hand, looks superb plus when reading dimensions its always nice to see. I am looking forward to them all. I also just got my Omega Olive wood boar, just came in as I saw my phone rofl.
That 502 is a large brush. I've heard so much good stuff about it. When did you order yours? I ordered mine Wednesday night.

I just ordered a Zenith 502 BC brush, from "Your Shaving". I've heard so many good things about Zenith boar brushes, especially this model. If you own one of these or any Zenith boar brush, I'd like to hear your opinion of it.
When I get mine in, I'll give a review here. This is what the 502 BC looks like.

View attachment 1746474
Great brush. I love mine. Zeniths break in fairly quickly.

Join us in DecemBOAR!!!!

I have the Abbate Y La Mantia Krokos brush too - one of my favourite brushes. It must be a Zenith - the handle is Zenith’s 504 shape and the boar knot behaves exactly like a Zenith. Here’s a pic with it next to an aluminum handled Riva boar.

Zenith are my favourite boars for sure, and they offer some very nice handles too, which most boar brush producers neglect.

FCA5BC82-6BA3-4012-8966-9417D6988ECE.jpeg

Here are a couple more of my favourite Zenith boars - these in the 502 handle shape, Giada (Jade) and Onde (Waves) colours.

D52D8510-D615-4469-8A7E-9F28A2A02723.jpeg

BA75C8A4-5918-47DC-B52B-B260C2AE3A1C.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Abbate Y La Mantia Krokos brush too - one of my favourite brushes. It must be a Zenith - the handle is Zenith’s 504 shape and the boar knot behaves exactly like a Zenith. Here’s a pic with it next to an aluminum handled Riva boar.

Zenith are my favourite boars for sure, and they offer some very nice handles too, which most boar brush producers neglect.

View attachment 1746979

Here are a couple more of my favourite Zenith boars - these in the 502 handle shape, Giada (Jade) and Onde (Waves) colours.

View attachment 1746982

View attachment 1746983

You have some very nice brushes. Especially the jade one.

Top Bottom