What's new

A really nice boar brush.

Has anyone used a Zenith brush with a shave stick to face lather? I have never had any luck making lather with a boar brush and a shave stick. I'm lucky if I get one pass done. Never a second pass.

Has anyone used a Zenith brush with a shave stick to face lather? I have never had any luck making lather with a boar brush and a shave stick. I'm lucky if I get one pass done. Never a second pass.
I face lather sticks, creams and soaps exclusively and don't have a problem face lathering with any of my boars. If you can't get a stick to work with a boar you probably need to use more product (half a gram to a gram) and more water added in slowly. Make sure your face is white with soap and start face lathering with a damp brush and slowly add water.

I have used the Razorock 506u (rebranded Zenith) to face lather quite a bit last year. The brush isn't my favorite for face lathering sticks as it tends to flick the lather around.
20231112_120115.jpg
This is my favorite for face lathering:
Zenith chubby scrubby
20231112_120418.jpg

I face lather sticks, creams and soaps exclusively and don't have a problem face lathering with any of my boars. If you can't get a stick to work with a boar you probably need to use more product (half a gram to a gram) and more water added in slowly. Make sure your face is white with soap and start face lathering with a damp brush and slowly add water.

I have used the Razorock 506u (rebranded Zenith) to face lather quite a bit last year. The brush isn't my favorite for face lathering sticks as it tends to flick the lather around.
View attachment 1747268
This is my favorite for face lathering:
Zenith chubby scrubby
View attachment 1747269

I'll have to try it with my Zenith when I get it in, using more soap.

I have this issue with just about all boars.
They just don't get on with sticks!
Two passes max, but I need lather for a dull 4 passes!
No trouble with tub loading though.

I order mine thru yourshaving.com. I ordered mine on November 2 so its coming soon.

I do have a Zenith 502 in Manchurian badger so I really like the shape, height, width and looks of the handle.
Did you receive your Zenith 502 brush yet? I ordered mine from YourShaving.com also and am still waiting for it.

That's about 11 days' time from when you ordered it. It's been 11 days since I ordered mine. I hope I get it soon.
You will. I add that it really is a nice brush so I hope you enjoy it once you get it. I hate waiting myself, when things are slow or tracking isn't updated but thus far with all my yourshaving.com orders I have not had any issues or for any other vendors that are from Europe so. I had another order of Zenith's from youshaving.com, taking a big longer but its on its way, more boar brushes of course, 507's in this case.

You will. I add that it really is a nice brush so I hope you enjoy it once you get it. I hate waiting myself, when things are slow or tracking isn't updated but thus far with all my yourshaving.com orders I have not had any issues or for any other vendors that are from Europe so. I had another order of Zenith's from youshaving.com, taking a big longer but its on its way, more boar brushes of course, 507's in this case.
I hope you enjoy your 507 as well.

I am getting impatient. My brush is coming from Spain to the USA. I don't know how long it will take.
I can't wait to try it.
Same.
I’m in Canada.
I ordered two Zenith brushes from Spain on November 1st. The tracker hasn’t been updated since November 3rd.I’m hoping for a positive update soon!

Same.
I’m in Canada.
I ordered two Zenith brushes from Spain on November 1st. The tracker hasn’t been updated since November 3rd.I’m hoping for a positive update soon!
Maybe the already doing this, but you should use canadapost.ca for your tracking within Canada. Once your parcel reaches Canada, Canada Post updates are up to date.

I have to say I don't just have another order from Spain but two (one from youshaving and one from gifts and care) coming in and the have been slower than normal so I am not sure what is going on to be honest. Its weird as they are usually quicker and provide more updates.

I am sure everyone here will get their stuff, like I said I haven't had any issues ie everything I ordered has come thru, just no updates and it been slower than normal is annoying but that's all I can say really.

How does the 502 knot compare to the 507? I had the 507, which has too much splay and too little backbone for my liking, wanting to pick up one of their butterscotch offerings and wondering if the 502 knot is scrubbier with more backbone. Anyone try both?

Top Bottom