What's new

Zenith Manchurian 2 Band Badger

Don't get me wrong. If you want to lather up Caties Bubbles with your Angel Hair synth knot in purple-blue glitter resin handle and do a straight razor shave while listening to some Katy Perry in your solar powered bathroom, hey more power to ya. These are gen 2 times.
I thought synthetics were up to gen 4? Nylons were gen 1.

Couldn't help myself. I just purchased this one;
proxy.php

Just an update. I have received this one and loving it;
proxy.php

Now I have one for hard soaps, and now have one for creams on the way. Question is, where do you go from here?

Now I have one for hard soaps, and now have one for creams on the way. Question is, where do you go from here?

To the nearest store to buy some shampoo and conditioner to give them a good bath. Don't use dish soap. Treat them as you would your own hair.

Couldn't help myself. I just purchased this one;
proxy.php

Just an update. I have received this one and loving it;
proxy.php

Excellent brushes, nothing left to do but shave.

To the nearest store to buy some shampoo and conditioner to give them a good bath. Don't use dish soap. Treat them as you would your own hair.
I was shocked with the boar after it arrived. There was no smell like the Omega 49. I just soaked it awhile in cold water and did some lathers and rinses with Williams Mug Soap. It's already starting to break in and gives a wonderful lather quickly with all my soaps. I'm not wondering if the Zenith Boar bristles are washed before brush assembly. Either way I think I've found my Holy Grail for a Boar Brush. Hopefully the Badger will be the Holy Grail for my Badger collection. I already have the Stirling Soap 26mm Badger Knot in Ivory. I love it for my creams. It will be nice to have two Badger brushes so I can rotate between the two.

I was shocked with the boar after it arrived. There was no smell like the Omega 49.

Natural hair needs maintenance or else it gets damaged with use. Soap scum kills brushes. Shampoo contains SLS that removes soap scum and the conditioner hydrates, softens and rejuvenates the bristles.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I just put new Zeniths into my rotation from the get go, but this would be the product to use if you want to give it a bath.

Ship-Shape.jpeg

From Sally's Beauty Supply. I use a $1 pail from the auto supply store that's marked at the one gallon place so measuring the water is easy. Don't tell my wife but I stole a tablespoon measuring spoon from the kitchen and keep in with my brushes.

Mondial.BigScrubby.26x57.640.4-18.Cropped.JPG

The Mondial might even be better than the Zeniths, but it's really too close to worry about.

Zenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

I noticed they have the copper in horsehair.

I've not ever tried horsehair and know about nothing about it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have two Zenith brushes. They are wonderful.

proxy.php

Nice brushes!

How do you see the silvertip as compared to the Manchurian? I have no Zenith silvertip; I'd expect it to be very soft on the skin but not have quite the backbone of the Manchurian?

I saw recently they also make a nice looking best badger. I wonder about that one, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

From general observation it's more bulb shaped, bit more lofty and if it has a denser knot, that would compensate nicely for difference in backbone. How does the flop compare?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers

Are you sure you are not going to buy any brush? Just, I mean only just maybe, you might like this one:

proxy.php

it is 50% manchurian and 50% horse. Just posting.

I think I might already have so many brushes they're not all getting the attention they so crave.

Yes, of course I might like that brush. I've not met a Zenith I didn't like!

What about horse in the copper handle?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom