What's new

Looking for very aggressive DE safety razor

103 and X3 are completely different, 103 being a Gillette New clone and X3 a slant as you mentioned above.

Oops. That's correct. I forgot that short comb Gillette new clone was the '103'. - I knew when I typed that X3 in parentheses, something felt squirrely.. Thanks.

I don't agree that there is no meaning to the aggressiveness of the razor.
From my experience I get closer shave on the mustache area with an aggressive razor with a mild blade (Voskhod, Superman etc..), but YMMV.

Try a vintage EverReady 1914.

I've read MMOC is very aggressive razor, I got one on its way.

+1

Also the Cobra safety razor.

Tried the King Cobra, liked it a lot, more aggressive than the Mongoose. Now, I'm not in to AC artists blade.

I agree with the Old Type suggestion. I've got an Old Type Big Fellow that's very aggressive. I know you said DE, but have you tried an early injector Type E with the bakelite handle? The early Injectors are quite aggressive and that thick blade is very effective at whisker removal.

I have a Single Rind and tried a Le Coq that looks like a Single Ring, more aggressive, also liked the Le Coq very much but still doesn't cuts well under the nose. I'll dig more about injector Type E .

Given that these five are my five most aggressive, as well (and in that order), I'm curious about your number six. Our faces must be very similar. My number six is the PAA DOC Evolution in aluminum. It's somewhat less aggressive than the stainless version on my face, likely due to its light weight. The ATT H2 is a wonderfully smooth and efficient razor, but it is much less blade-forward, easier to use and thus less aggressive. The Le Coq feels like pure razor blade on my face.

Hmm.. I'm not sure, I remember I ordered the The ATT H2 when I didn't use aggressive razors. Shaved with it once and replaced it to one of the R plates.

The ones hat will outdo your Le Coq caged-razor are:
Valencia OC slant.
Le Grelot OC DE

Love this French razors! I'll start searching about these.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is a rarely seen LeCoq that is bar none, the most aggressive razor in my collection. It's more extreme than it's "cage head" cousin.

I still have a DFS after 24 hours when using this little rascal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, this...... this I WANT! looks amazing! :o16:

But wait, I have the adjustable Le Coq. You can open it up to an outrageous length!

Have to say, my most aggressive * and efficient* razors are the Myatt Daymark(brass top & bottom) followed by the Myatt Minor (bakelite base). LOTS of blade-feel, but not a blood-letter. Long lasting BBS shaves.
Try a vintage EverReady 1914.

I have a Myatt Daymark. Love that one! Not hard to find and in a very low price.
I have also a Henckels that have the same kind of bite.

I've read MMOC is very aggressive razor, I got one on its way.

I have a Myatt Daymark. Love that one! Not hard to find and in a very low price.
I have also a Henckels that have the same kind of bite.

The EverReady 1914 is not like these razors. Very different. Worth a try.

Maybe not that aggressive, but a Gillette New Improved is pretty efficient. Old Types are worth a try as well.

I think this one came out only this winter....the Timeless Bronze .78 Open Comb. I find it right up there with the Charcoal Level 3, the Ikon Tech, Futur on 6, and more aggressive than the 2014 R41 ( can't find the 2011), more than a wide open Progress, Fatboy, Slim. Also it is a really beautiful looking razor.

In my case I started with mild razors, then went to medium, then to aggressive/extra aggressive ones. Now a days AKA 3 years later whether every day shave or skipping 3-4 days by whatever reason, I found that Medium or just below medium aggressiveness is the way to go.

While I used to love shaving with the S6 on #6 now I settled on #4 and get best shaves from it, Supply Provision I used to shave on 3dot plate and now I settled on 2 dot plate, use to love the MMOC but now I settled for the Clogpruf, Merkur Futur #6 and now on 3 or 4 setting...

Over time I realized that super aggressive does not equal better quality shave.

Currently best buck for money DE razor that can be milder than ASD2 to as aggressive almost Fatip OC ( a small notch lower) would be Rockwell 6S, I have lots of razors and this one is made to cater any type of wet shaver at a decent price with good materials $100.

If your not too much in a rush wait for the Razorock Game Changer that comes with medium plate and optional super Aggressive plate. The razor is made in Canada, 316L SS CNC machined at $50 and lets say you buy the extra plate that should be around $20-$25 extra, then you have $75 high quality and precise surgical instrument in your hands.

I personally will buy the extra plate so I can have the full package and might shave with it from time to time. Once when you get plenty experience shaving with aggressive razors switch back to medium ones and you will realize what you have been missing out on and you had it in your den all along....

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Wunderbar is my most aggressive DE, too. I'd put it on a par with the SE El Jefe.
I find my Wunderbar about a 6/10 for aggressiveness no big deal and really enjoy it, it will nick you if you wonder out side your technique parameters with a bad blade placement to start a stroke or press to hard. Once you dial the Wunderbar in it will give very nice shaves and daily if you want.

I'm comfortable with my Grande and OLD open combs, thin and thick cap versions.
My closest shaves ever have come from my Fendrihan Mk I and my smoothest from my SC.
The razor I'm most respectful of is a lowly RR Mentor. Now, that's a ferocious, floppy blade gap.

Although IMHO, shimming a razor you already have is your best choice,
Some Indian shaving products are available in Israel.
If you can find Gillette Sterling razors, they're quite aggressive.

Razorock Wunderbar. Though its out of stock and a new design expected.
Pearl open comb razor a.k.a RazoRock Jaws / htgam (PAA) Symmetry / cadet
Parker 94R - it has some serious blade exposure!

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I think this one came out only this winter....the Timeless Bronze .78 Open Comb. I find it right up there with the Charcoal Level 3, the Ikon Tech, Futur on 6, and more aggressive than the 2014 R41 ( can't find the 2011), more than a wide open Progress, Fatboy, Slim. Also it is a really beautiful looking razor.

Interesting. I have the Timeless bronze safety bar which is an incredibly mild razor, almost too mild to use with anything more than a days growth. Though it is gorgeous.

Peace [emoji111]️

Interesting. I have the Timeless bronze safety bar which is an incredibly mild razor, almost too mild to use with anything more than a days growth. Though it is gorgeous.

Peace [emoji111]️
I did not get the .38 SB Bronze when it came out because of the reviews that it was a mild razor. IMHO If you want aggressive, get the Open Comb .78 base plate, it is right up there with the most aggressive DE's around.

None of them come close to the DEvette in aggressiveness!
If you want to really test your technique, use a DEvette for a week.
If you think your good, you have no idea....:a11::001_smile:001_302::a30:

I recently change my preferences from mild-medium razors to very aggressive razor.
I saw here few recommendations to very aggressive razor and looking for more suggestion in these levels. I read about:

Le Coq caged head
Ikon Tech 104
PAA DOC Evolution
Charcoal Goods level 3
R41 2011

The first 3 on the list I have and honestly, the Le Coq caged head is above all.
The Charcoal is on it's way and the R41 2011 is hard to find (I know about the spitfire cap, but it's not the same).

Any more suggestion? Modern or vintage..
The R41 2013, for example, I wouldn't put in the same category with these five fine razors.
On your recommendation and Scott's, I've ordered a Le Coq caged head. So far, my most aggressive razor is the Ikon Tech. Also have a 2011 R41. Have not yet tried the PAA Doc Evo or the CGL3, though Scott (@pbrmhl) has generously offered to give me the chance to take both around the block. Right now, I'm doing a deep dive into the Barbasol Floating Head, courtesy of @Twelvefret. Yet another wonderful aggressive razor.

Just for the fun of it, I've got a Raspira on its way from Russia as well as a Yaqi Beast and a Matador (aggressive head). Haven't yet ordered a Pearl OC or a V3A, though I probably will since all are cheap enough to take a chance on sight unseen.

Top Bottom