What's new

What are some of the most powdery barbershops?

Stirling Barbershop seems really powdery to me. It is not of the Bergamot, Basil, Oakmoss and Light Patchouli variety you find with Chiseled Face's Ghost Town Barber, Mickey Lee's Kraken and many other Barbershop fragrances. The Stirling is a very warm, comforting, slightly sweet and almost gourmand take on Barbershop. Think Cookie Dough. May not be for everyone, my personal preference is with the GTB and Kraken varieties, but I'm not a fan of powdery fragrances.

Is the Fine, Stirling and Jeeves more along the lines of PAA CaD than say Mikes Natural? That's all I really have to go on. That and Uncle Jon's which is different from those also.

Is the Fine, Stirling and Jeeves more along the lines of PAA CaD than say Mikes Natural? That's all I really have to go on. That and Uncle Jon's which is different from those also.

I'm not familiar with Jeeves, but I would put Fine and CaD in the same camp. Kind of cologne like, but I've only compared aftershaves of the two and like CaD more.

Mike's Natural is in the sweeter Bergamot,Basil,Oakmoss,Patchouli realm.

Stirling isn't like any of these. Powder and Vanilla are the strongest notes to my nose.

Last edited:
Fine AB and CaD smell almost identical with a Barbasol scent, I don't even know that I could tell them apart if I closed my eyes.

I'll add Tiki Bar Soaps 1920's Barbershop as a very powdery scent. I bought a sample, and it was too powdery for me!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic has certainly got that powdery scent. I love it. On top of that it is a top tier soap.

"Inspired by 60s vintage aftershaves, Classic’s clean, slightly powdery notes of citrus, lavender, moss, and sandalwood will keep you cool, calm, and collected for as long as you need to be."

The Jeeves is not a cologne style barbershop scent. It has traditional components of oakmoss and bergamot, but has a very pronounced powder component and is, by far, the most I have smelt in a barbershop soap. It also has spices as a component in the descent but I am not able to identify specific ones.

I like Barbershop scents of all types and you may want to try WSP Barbershop, Mike's Natural Soap, Commander Honor, GTB and B&M Seville. I really enjoy Stirling also especially at this time of year as the weather gets cooler.

+1! My thoughts exactly. WSP Barbershop, Mike's Natural Barbershop, & Soap Commander Honor are all very close to the same scent, so good!!

Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic has certainly got that powdery scent. I love it. On top of that it is a top tier soap.

"Inspired by 60s vintage aftershaves, Classic’s clean, slightly powdery notes of citrus, lavender, moss, and sandalwood will keep you cool, calm, and collected for as long as you need to be."
+1! Agreed completely! Amazing stuff

Stirling barbershop is my personal favorite barbershop scent and one of my overall favorite scents!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom