What's new

TECH Tuesday

I purchased this today, is anyone able to tell me if this is a Canadian pre War tech?

Attachments

• IMG_7828.JPG
    IMG_7828.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7829.JPG
    IMG_7829.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7830.JPG
    IMG_7830.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 33
Cleaned up the razor today and used it for the first time. Pretty good results

Attachments

• IMG_7879.JPG
    IMG_7879.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Cleaned up the razor today and used it for the first time. Pretty good results
Looks good! I really like the way the triangle slot Techs shave.

Today's Tech Tuesday shave:
Post-war NDC Tech, nickel plated ball end
Feather blade (2)
Williams Mug Soap
Opal F 200 brush with TGN 22 mm Super Silvertip knot (bulb)
Lucido aftershave & 444 aftershave gel

20170923_082952.jpg
I purchased this today, is anyone able to tell me if this is a Canadian pre War tech?
Yes it is! Good score. I made the mistake of abandoning my wonderful techs; the best DE razors I've ever used after succumbing to RAD; and eventually wound up going to the dreaded safety razor. Ugh what a mistake! Supposedly the canadian prewar shaves the best accordeing to many but I find no difference between it and my American triangular slot prewar and my ball handle oblong postwar. Pared with a good blade they all give me BBS in two passes no irritation. No more razor buying for me. Here is a photo of my Canadian pre- war triangular slot tech baseplateView attachment 823136 View attachment 823136

Tech Tuesday!

Its been a while since I've used the triangle-slot tech so I brought it out today. Transfered a Nacet for its second shave. The rest of the equipment is my usual, Cella soap face lathered with a Stirling 26mm synthetic brush. Finished with an alum block and Clubman. Nice shave!

Well seeing that today is Tuesday! Used my Canadian fat handle tech and performed a head shave. As always, smooth!

I can't explain why I haven't used this amazing pre-war Tech for over 4 years...

proxy.php

I was going to pull the trigger on a bunch of new fancy razors... now I am not that sure...

I used my post-war NDC nickel Tech again today, without even realizing it was Tech Tuesday. I used some TOBS Natural shave cream whipped up with a Semogue SOC brush in Cherry. Perma Sharp blade somewhere north of its tenth shave. An easy and comfortable shave!

Lol, I've been doing "Tech Tuesday" for almost a year and a half -- pre-war Tech with a Gillette Rubie every Tuesday since the beginning of December 2016.

Lovely shaves.

I left a blade in my NDC ball-end Tech last time I used it, so I decided to bring it out for another go today. Turns out that Personna Blue was on its tenth shave! The shave blew me away; so close and so comfortable!

I shave with a pre-war Tech every Tuesday -- so far the current blade, a Gillette Rubie, has lasted 74 shaves. Still has a few more in it, too! Techs give a great shave every time.

Necromancy

Job lot techs!

Three 4 piece.
English thin handle
Nacet open comb

Probably the most notable.

Have not shaved with a tech yet.

IMG_20180728_080425267.jpg

Just received my first tech today, a fat handle tech. My first shave with at & I am stunned! Wonderfully smooth and efficient! I’m proud to call my cell phone number of the TECH brotherhood.

Top Bottom