What's new

TECH Tuesday

English Flat Bottom Tech with punch handle
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Pulled out the NDC Ball-End Tech for today's shave. This one is probably from the late '40s. Very nice shave with a Voskhod on its fourth use.

Well, the Voskhod was still in the ball-end Tech so I gave it another go. The Tech is a great razor for a carefree shave. No heroics necessary. The Voskhod may be starting to go after only 5 shaves. I'll need to try it again to be sure. Finished up a tub of Cella, and ended with some Virgin Island Bay Rum.

'51 Tech/Astra SS

Head shaves only...

About 10 or so head shaves on the blade. 48 Aristocrat and postwar Tech are my preferred head shavers.

England Flat Bottom Tech with a new Minora. This combo is in my top three for shave efficiency and comfort.
proxy.php

For the Fourth, I used Grandpa's Tech. It has triangle slots and a steel handle and base plate, so I would guess it was made during WWII, and most likely what he used during his service. It's a bit more mild than a standard Tech, took a third pass, but I did get a nice DFS out of it.

dscf0307-jpg.801566

After a no shave Monday, a great shave with the Fat. The Canadian 38-45 Tech loaded with a new Astra SP sliced through the whiskers with ease and left me smooooooth. No after care as I am leaving for work at 530.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Teck Canada Fat Handle
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Omega 10005
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
proxy.php

Tech Tuesday why not
Just shaved with a 46-50 ball end tech. Even though it's a little mild for my tastes I do love the design. This is my least clogged razor and the easiest razor to get to hard to reach spots like under the nose.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a while since I've done a Tech Tuesday

NDC ball-end Tech
Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Omega S-Brush
Cella soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Family Dollar Spice

Surprised myself with a couple of weepers. The blade is sharper than it looks :001_rolle

Hello all, here's my Gillette Tech Tuesday SOTD-

proxy.php

Here's the hardware-
Pre WWII triangle slotted Tech.
Bolzano Superinox blade.
Chi-Com Silvertip Badger.

Software-
WSP Rustic shave soap "Fougere Noire".
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve as splash.
Nivea post shave balm.
Safari for Men cologne.

It has been awhile since I last used this razor. I'm glad I pulled it out. It has the triangle shaped lather slots, and it is in civilian packaging, so I'm assuming it's one of the early ones, that's why I called it a Pre-WWII razor. At any rate, it is a great shaver. I'm sporting a complete BBS to prove it. In two passes no less! Thanks for your interest, and have a great night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Tuesday / Tech Tuesday
The Khaki Canadian 38-45 Tech and MWF are all that is needed for a perfect shave. Have a blessed day gentlemen
proxy.php

This thread needs some love. Actually I've been using my Tech all week, but since today is Tuesday...

NDC ball-end Tech
Personna Blue (6)
Omega S-Brush
Cella soap
Brut aftershave

The Tech works really well with the Personna blue USA-made blade. That blade is quite sharp but usually a little rough for the first couple of shaves. With the Tech I didn't even notice the roughness. The shaves did get better each day for a while.

Pre-war Tech loaded with a Rapira blade on its fifth shave. DFS.

Put the Tech into rotation last week. First shave with the Rapira, not so good. Blamed the blade. Second shave a tad better; third and fourth shave, much better, and today's was sublime.

I think it just took me a couple days to nail down technique with the Tech, which sees use every couple of months. I really need to shave with it, the lone razor in use, for a month, like I did when I first got it.

Pre-war Tech loaded with a Rapira blade on its fifth shave. DFS.

Put the Tech into rotation last week. First shave with the Rapira, not so good. Blamed the blade. Second shave a tad better; third and fourth shave, much better, and today's was sublime.

I think it just took me a couple days to nail down technique with the Tech, which sees use every couple of months. I really need to shave with it, the lone razor in use, for a month, like I did when I first got it.
Yep, there's a lot of subtle stuff that goes on when shaving with different razors. It takes a couple of days sometimes to get the feel back.

Top Bottom