What's new

Your favorite Barrister & Mann scent?

Today, it’s Seville Reserve. Mostly because I just got it in te mail. Tomorrow? Could be any one of the many I keep in rotation!!

Today, it’s Seville Reserve. Mostly because I just got it in te mail. Tomorrow? Could be any one of the many I keep in rotation!!

Just curious, is the scent of Seville Reserve exactly the same as Glissant Seville? I know it's a weird question but I wonder if the different base changes anything in the scent.

Just curious, is the scent of Seville Reserve exactly the same as Glissant Seville? I know it's a weird question but I wonder if the different base changes anything in the scent.

It’s not a weird question at all. Usually an aftershave has a different scent than the matching soap- that’s a difference in the base, not the fragrance/essential oils.

Unfortunately I don’t have a puck of the glissant on hand at the moment to make a comparison. As you would expect, it’s close enough that I certainly can’t make a comparison by memory.

Does anyone out there have both??

My favorite B&M scent has to be Hallows- it is prefect for fall weather, nice and earthy chocolate oakmoss vetiver scent that is quite interesting.

A close second would be Beaudelaire- this is a bright peppery green fougere and is a pretty strong scent. The lather has a slight brown tint to it which is cool.

Leviathan is the most wearable IMO, have the EDT and it smells wonderful, love coffee scents and get compliments on this scent all the time.

42. Love that Pan-galactic Gargle Blaster. Latha Taiga is the runner-up. It's a shame that Will discontinued the Latha line.

I only own Seville. I find it a little overrated based on all the love it gets on here. I'll be at Pastuers in a few weeks so i think I'll pick up some of the other suggestions here. I'm looking for one with a more manly cologne type scent.

No particular order:
Seville
Reserve Cool
Dickens

Notable mentions:
Latha Limon
Rhapsody
Eventide - I know some do not like it but to me, it reminds me of those tiny disk shaped licorices that are individually wrapped. It is that real dark, thick , deep black licorice scent that I just love. I am sure to some, it must smell like burn rubber. go figure.

Top Bottom