What's new

Your favorite Barrister & Mann scent?

1. 42
2. Eventide
3. Reserve Spice
4. Seville
5. Le Grand Chypre
I’ve acquired several more Barrister & Mann soaps and would like to redo my list

1. Hallows
2. Reserve Waves
3. Seville
4. Reserve Spice
5. 42

In my opinion, B&M is the best scent maker in wet shaving today.

I've tried Classic, Spice, Cool, Lavender, Fern, Waves, Nocturne, and the winner for me...First Snow. Think I'd put Reserve Cool at #2.

Le Grand Chypre, Cologne Russe, and Seville are on the list to try

I got a number of samples but am far from well versed on B&M scents. That said I would rank them
1. First Snow
2. Reserve Fern (real close second, mostly mood dependent)
3. Reserve Cool
4. Seville

Didn't care at all for LGC or reserve spice

I’ve only tried a few:

Leviathan: one of my favorite soap / aftershaves. Strong dark coffee & leather scent is something I love. The EdT, however, fades on me to more of a plain ol’ sandalwood scent.

Nocturne: Love the scent, though there’s something in the soap that irritates my face after multiple uses.

Vespers: Growing on me. Love the performance, the fern-y scent is a little out of the range of things I usually like.

Wave / Fern / Cool - things I tried as samples, while soap is always great, the scents weren’t something I personally enjoyed.

I hope Will does a re-release of “First Snow”; I’d really like to try that one.

For me, Barrister and Mann produce consistently great scents.

I own and love:
  • Leviathan
  • Seville
  • Cologne Russe
  • Rhapsody
  • Cheshire
  • Lavanille
The only scent I was not impressed with was Oceana.

A couple of years ago, B&M made a soap which I believe was called Vetyver Santal. It’s one of my all time favorites. Unfortunately it’s been discontinued. The only other I’ve tried is Leviathan, and I’m not crazy about the scent. Performance of both soaps was close to ten out of ten stars.

Top Bottom