What's new

Your favorite Barrister & Mann scent?

I gotta agree with those who mentioned Reserve Fern. It’s sharp, fresh, perfectly green. I’ve never tried any other B&M fougeres but of all of B&M soaps I’ve tried to date Reserve Fern has been my favorite.

Fougere Gothique for me. Will stock up if it is ever re-released. Reserve Spice is my next favorite. Tried but did not like Leviathan and Lavanille.

I only own Seville. I find it a little overrated based on all the love it gets on here. I'll be at Pastuers in a few weeks so i think I'll pick up some of the other suggestions here. I'm looking for one with a more manly cologne type scent.
My only B&M soap and I'm not a fan of the scent, good performance though.

Jeez...I am a huge B&M fan...to narrow it down to a top 5 is torture! I do love the Reserve base so those will feature prominently on my list. Here is my top 10:

1) Reserve Cool
2) Reserve Lavender
3) Seville
4) Reserve Fern
5) Reserve Classic

6) Lavenille
7) Reserve Spice
8) Le Grand Chypre
9) Nocturne
10) Hallows

Lavanille and Leviathan are top for me, with Hallows being a close second. If I had to pick only one though, it would be Lavanille.

No mention here of Nocturne which I have in the soap and AS. I really like that scent--it is perfect for Fall and Winter with its mulled cider and subtle smoke notes. It really turned my head when I spent a couple of hours putting my nose into various soaps at Pasteurs. I passed on 42, Leviathan, Tuesday and Patches when I was there.

I also have Seville in both Reserve and Glissant bases with matching aftershaves (the Reserve and regular Seville splashes). I like this scent a lot. To forestall any questions about how the Reserve base scent compares with Glissant, I have to admit I have never used both near enough in time to compare them.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
For me it is a toss-up between Cologne Russe and Le Grand Chypre. Both great performers and the scents are class.

For me it is a toss-up between Cologne Russe and Le Grand Chypre. Both great performers and the scents are class.

Love em both but they’re really intense. I don’t know that I’d make it through a whole tub of Cologne Russe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a predominantly earthy,herbal, freshness tones among B &M soaps and what are they ?
Please advise accordingly.
Thanks a lot!

I'm not a fan of tasty, sweet scents ....

Top Bottom