What's new

My Yaqi-Pearl

Wait a sec Dave, you ordered the Pearl baseplate off the bay & they sent you a Merkur baseplate?

I hope that don't happen to my order of the Pearl baseplate. I will post back here once mine comes in.
Yep, hope yours is correct but they were quick to respond and try to sort out with another. :thumbsup:

Yep we’re all in the Same Boat just on a Different Oar.
Hope it all turns out Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, hope yours is correct but they were quick to respond and try to sort out with another. [emoji106]
They won't be making money substituting Merkur parts for Pearl, an honest error I'm sure. I got my authentic Pearl from Don :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They won't be making money substituting Merkur parts for Pearl, an honest error I'm sure. I got my authentic Pearl from Don :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Was impressed how quick he got back. Stand up person even though time has elapsed waiting on my Yaqi Head :thumbup1:

You have me on the looks though. Someone needs to make a gold DOC cap to match the Fatip! lol

Well, they already thought of that...

s-l500.jpg

I use my Grande single pass buffing directly ATG first pass at around 48 hours growth. One full pass and a light clean up in another direction over two swirl growth patterns on my neck and done in around 3 minutes for a 10-12 hour BBS.

I need 3 passes or more with my Old Types for the same shave and I dont think theres another razor that will do that as easily, comfortably and efficiently as the Fatip OC head.

You have me on the looks though. Someone needs to make a gold DOC cap to match the Fatip! lol

I can do that with the Yaqi Pearl, ATT H, RR37 and Karve D. I enjoy the three pass shave so I rarely do, but it's possible. I've never tried with the Fatip or my Wunderbar for that matter. Heck I shaved off a full beard with my RR37 last October in Cancun. :)

Esox

I didnt know
I can do that with the Yaqi Pearl, ATT H, RR37 and Karve D. I enjoy the three pass shave so I rarely do, but it's possible.

I knew I couldnt be the only one that can shave like that! lol

Thats my favorite shave with my Grande.

Well nice CLOSE shave but not looking forward to fooling with o-rings to use the Facon handle so I guess I will need to get another handle to use perhaps from Razorock. Shame as I like the Facon handle.

View attachment 887356

Does the thread tapping come all the way out of the handle holes on the ones working? Hope that question is clear enough. I think some smoothness at the opening is what allows some to thread on all the way.

I have two similar handles I bought from Techichi on the ‘bay that both work for the Yaqi-Pearl:

proxy.php

The one on the left is stainless steel, the one on the right is chrome plated brass.

Was impressed how quick he got back. Stand up person even though time has elapsed waiting on my Yaqi Head :thumbup1:
I've had several dialogues with Don, from his earlier website to now his eBay store. The guy is an excellent, fast, responsive communicator! And he ships just as quickly as he communicates.

Man this thread got me curious and went ahead and ordered a Pearl baseplate from Techichi this morning and a Yaqi head from Aliexpress, looking at the pictures of the Pearl baseplate looks like there is scratch going horizontally.
I hope it's just a reflection from the camera flash, can anyone confirm this?

I got it for $6 plus including shipping and looks like it's already on its way to me, now I have to wait several days for the Yaqi head, which was $8.30 with shipping included by e-packet.

I was thinking maybe I should have gotten it from Italian Barber along with the Barber pole handle.
I don't even know why I bought this setup since everyone is raving about it and it looks cool.
So will this be an aggressive and efficient setup paired with a Pearl baseplate?

How does it compare when using the original Pearl razor with its original top cap? Also has anyone else tried it with a different baseplate like the Parker 24c open comb?

Man this thread got me curious and went ahead and ordered a Pearl baseplate from Techichi this morning and a Yaqi head from Aliexpress, looking at the pictures of the Pearl baseplate looks like there is scratch going horizontally.
I hope it's just a reflection from the camera flash, can anyone confirm this?

I got it for $6 plus including shipping and looks like it's already on its way to me, now I have to wait several days for the Yaqi head, which was $8.30 with shipping included by e-packet.

I was thinking maybe I should have gotten it from Italian Barber along with the Barber pole handle.
I don't even know why I bought this setup since everyone is raving about it and it looks cool.
So will this be an aggressive and efficient setup paired with a Pearl baseplate?

How does it compare when using the original Pearl razor with its original top cap? Also has anyone else tried it with a different baseplate like the Parker 24c open comb?
I think this handle below, from IB, works well aesthetically. But then it's 15 bucks, plus 7 bucks shipping. Of course it ships quick, though. I get IB stuff in only a few days.

proxy.php

Top Bottom