What's new

My Yaqi-Pearl

Anyone know if this would fit a Parker 24c baseplate? It looks similar to the Pearl.

I like the efficiency of the Parker 24c, wondering if using the top cap of the Yaqi will make it smoother .

Yaqi Pearl Conspirators Syndicate (YPCS) it sounds so illegal mixing the 2. I'm good with whatever you guys decide really.

Price is up from $6.04 when I bought it to $8.04 now, They've sensed the interest.................
LOL! Fun, Glad I got in on it at the top of the Pyramid! I was going to use it tomorrow but I think I will just bring it when we go away for the weekend instead.

Well here is a problem I've run into. Came today but the Stainless Steel Facon handle I wanted to use won't tighten up enough because the stud is longer on the Yaqi Top cap. I then tried a fat tech handle and got tighter but still some looseness when tightened. Tried with Yaqi baseplate and Yaqi cap and it was ok. The Pearl Base Plate being thinner then the Yaqi and the Yaqi Stud on the Top Cap make this a problem. What Handle are you guys using and what length is the stud on the Top Cap. Here are some pics. Upon arrival of the Yaqi Brush and Yaqi DOC base plate and cap and the Pearl base plate. Facon Handle I intended to use.
IMG_20180531_142944337.jpg

Here is trying the Fat Handle Tech with a blade and still a touch loose and then next pic shows Fat Handle Tech cap on one side and another tech cap on the other side with the Yaqi Cap in the middle.

IMG_20180531_143334543.jpg
IMG_20180531_143819898.jpg

Just checked again and the problem is the stud on the cap doesn't have the threads far enough on the stud to work with the narrower pearl cap. I run out of threads on the stud. I was gonna grind the stud down but that won't help if the stud threads running short is the problem. Did they shorten the length they are tapping the threads on them now.........frustrating

Just checked again and the problem is the stud on the cap doesn't have the threads far enough on the stud to work with the narrower pearl cap. I run out of threads on the stud. I was gonna grind the stud down but that won't help if the stud threads running short is the problem. Did they shorten the length they are tapping the threads on them now.........frustrating
I have Pearl, Rockwell, Ikon, and Italian Barber handles working.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have Pearl, Rockwell, Ikon, and Italian Barber handles working.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Well the pictures don't lie. Perhaps the started not running the threads down as far when tapping the current production or just mine. Solved the problem by getting an o-ring from my shop. Gonna be frustrating to have to fool with an oring all the time but can't very well complain to them when it works fine with there top and base plate. Only issue was when using the thinner pearl base plate.
IMG_20180531_152150078_LL.jpg
IMG_20180531_152159571.jpg
IMG_20180531_152208668.jpg

Italian barber Barber pole. Also worked on my UFO and Maggards. Did not work on Facon.
Just checked and threads inside handle of Facon run all the way to the end of opening. Can you tell me if the other handles you have that work have the threads all the way to the opening or if the stop short and are smooth which allows it to tighten snugly?

Top Bottom