What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Barbasol 5 oz. tube
Barbasol Non-Aerosol Moisturizing Shave Cream for Men Sensitive Skin | Walgreens

proxy.php

Just picked up some Barbasol Extra Moisturizing (purple can) and it worked amazingly. Not too shabby for two bucks. :001_smile

I have a can of the original Barbasol which I keep as a backup in case I run out of tub or tube cream, and a travel-size dispenser in my travel kit.

Did you know that Barbasol is mentioned in the famous musical Guys and Dolls? It's in the song "Guys and Dolls." Dunno if the song was in the Frank Sinatra/Marlon Brando movie. Here's the relevant verse:

"When a lazy slob takes a good steady job
And he smells from Vitalis and Barbasol,
Call it dumb, call it clever, ah, but you can get odds forever
That the guy's only doing it for some doll!
Some doll, some doll, the guy's only doing it for some doll!"

Skin Conditioner (yellow can) paired with my Conair Hot Lather Cap is an awesome combination.

I've been really enjoying the slickness, protection, and post shave feel from the yellow skin conditioner can however I'm really not a fan of the sugar cookie smell. Maybe it's because I'm not a hug fan of the smell but I get whiffs for hours after use. Even with my most pungent and long lasting splash I'll still get that sugar cookie smell coming through. It is a great performing foam though.

I’m using Barbasol about 5 times a week now. I recently picked up come Colgate which I really like and worked into the rotation:001_cool:

I've been really enjoying the slickness, protection, and post shave feel from the yellow skin conditioner can however I'm really not a fan of the sugar cookie smell. Maybe it's because I'm not a hug fan of the smell but I get whiffs for hours after use. Even with my most pungent and long lasting splash I'll still get that sugar cookie smell coming through. It is a great performing foam though.
I never got that scent when I used it. Everyone has their own interpretation.

Barbasol Original is still my favorite though...I do like the vintage Colgate and find myself using my fancy cream and brush only once a week

Barbasol Original is still my favorite though...I do like the vintage Colgate and find myself using my fancy cream and brush only once a week
My father used the Colgate shaving cream when I was a kid. I'm still trying to find the Artic Chill Barbasol in Tampa,Fl.

I had a can a year ago and it's decent. I really like their Pacific Rush AS which has since been discontinued which is a bummer. Barbasol is just a few years behind Gillette and is a legendary US brand.

I keep one of those little travel-size cans in my leather shaving kit -- there's a loop that's the exact size. And I have a can of the Original under the bathroom sink, in case I run out of TOBS or other cream.

It's funny, my wife just won't get on on board with a brush and soap/cream, hated cremo, hated shave gel's, hated any type of foam I've ever used, had around, or had her try and always opted to just use her shower soap... Yet every time I have a can of the regular original barbasol in the shower I always hear the distinct sound of a dollop being sprayed out by her haha. She always comments on how nice her skin feels very shaving with her regular soap.

Top Bottom