What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
That's what I did this morning, and even used the three blade Barbasol disposable. Still pretty smooth at 21:30!
I tried it today, swirling the foam in my warmed scuttle with the wet synthetic brush. The stuff went on thin but not runny, so I lathered it up more on my face. Worked great.

Barbasol 5 oz. tube
Barbasol Non-Aerosol Moisturizing Shave Cream for Men Sensitive Skin | Walgreens

proxy.php
I need to stop at Walgreen's today for something else. Perhaps . . .

One of my local Dollar Tree stores has the original and the green Barbasol, not the small travel-size but the regular one, for (you guessed it) $1 each. I didn't see the yellow.

For the canned stuff, the Original is good, its my canned stuff of choice. I love the scent especially. PAA CAD is an excellent representation, where one can get the great scent of Barbasol, but with the protection and slickness of a good soap!

Used the Original today with a tiny dollop of Col. Conk's Santa Fe Cedar, badger-whipped in the scuttle. Good stuff and good shave.

Used the Original again today, with a coating of TOBS Peppermint on my cheeks and throat as a pre-shave. Worked very nicely -- especially since I let the combination soak into my beard for about 2 minutes while I dealt with some chores in the bathroom and bedroom.

A couple of weeks ago, I tried a Gillette Techmatic for the first time, and decided to keep the entire shave as traditional as the razor - I figured anyone using this futuristic razor at the time probably wasn't using a brush and soap. So, I broke out my can of Barbasol Original, which I haven't touched on over a year. I had to wash the dust off of it before using it, and was surprised that it still had pressure.
View attachment 822176
The horror stories I'd heard about the Techmatic were for naught, as that was one of the best shaves I've had this month. It was only one pass, but the Barbasol performed beautifully. I'll definitely be using it again! I'll try it with the brush like @Sideways Tremolo suggested.

The Gillette Techmatic was the first razor I ever used and when we guys graduated from High School they gave each of us a Techmatic razor. I loved that razor and used it till Gillette quit making the cartridges. And back then it was Gillette Foamy for me and the Techmatic.

The Gillette Techmatic was the first razor I ever used and when we guys graduated from High School they gave each of us a Techmatic razor. I loved that razor and used it till Gillette quit making the cartridges. And back then it was Gillette Foamy for me and the Techmatic.
I hate to admit it, but that one time is the only time I've used it. Your reply just may prompt me to retrieve my Techmatic from the the drawer and use it again tomorrow.

I picked it up at an estate sale, with maybe 6 band cartridges (2 of the 5 setting, 4 of the 10 setting), along with some unopened Gillette Spoiler blade packs, all for $1. I feel like my technique should afford me a decent shave with the TM, now that I can wield my OCMMs and Old Types with no blood letting.

As best as you can recall, how many uses did you get from one position on the blade band?

I hate to admit it, but that one time is the only time I've used it. Your reply just may prompt me to retrieve my Techmatic from the the drawer and use it again tomorrow.

I picked it up at an estate sale, with maybe 6 band cartridges (2 of the 5 setting, 4 of the 10 setting), along with some unopened Gillette Spoiler blade packs, all for $1. I feel like my technique should afford me a decent shave with the TM, now that I can wield my OCMMs and Old Types with no blood letting.

As best as you can recall, how many uses did you get from one position on the blade band?

I have a coarse, heavy beard and I need a sharp blade so I would change the band position on my Techmatic after around 5 shaves. Guys with lighter beards can get more shaves from a blade. The Techmatic was an adjustable razor and you could dial it up or down for closeness.

I now use a Slim that pre-dates the Techmatic. I prefer adjustable razors

I liked the Artic chill myself.
I wish I could find some. The Original has worked well for me for years, and I still use it at least once a week. (Oddly, it's almost always with my '53 Super Speed razor. You could say I'm matching vintage with vintage, but then my post-war Tech, Red Tip, and Slim are all from a time when Barbasol was available too.)

I wish I could find some. The Original has worked well for me for years, and I still use it at least once a week. (Oddly, it's almost always with my '53 Super Speed razor. You could say I'm matching vintage with vintage, but then my post-war Tech, Red Tip, and Slim are all from a time when Barbasol was available too.)

Amazon has full size cans of the Arctic chill for around $3 as an add on only item. Yea it's double a regular can in the store but the scent and performance is that good to justify $3 vs $1.50.

I remember the Barbasol gel. Can't find the Artic Chill in Tampa,Fl.

Top Bottom