What's new

My Guess... 3017

This is what my B&M Seville looked like last week:
upload_2017-8-15_8-23-38-png.813121

This is what it looks like today:
upload_2017-8-21_7-3-47.png

I am making steady progress on TGQ Oak & Moss, and my lathers seem to be consuming the soap at a fairly prodigious pace. I dare say that it will be finished in 3 weeks or so.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm just over 3 months in on my 650g of P.160 Tipo Morbido. Still smells great, lathers easily, and leaves a great post-shave feel. Good thing I love this soap, as I figure to have about another year or more on it. :badger:

Took a Chubby2 to my tub of Speick this morning. Loads of wonderful lather - this could well be my favourite non-tallow soap.

The tube of Proraso Blue I've been using is getting down to the last third. I bet a few more weeks and it'll be done. It's pretty good shaving cream, especially for the price. I do have another tube still in the box, so that's nice.

Ive been killing my Loccitane soap. Im down to 5 months left over here and I'm figure my Loccitane puck and what remains of my MWF puck (maybe 25 percent) will see me through. Than I get to go home and indulge in the Shaving Cabinets many wonders!!! I am also trying to go no more than 2 days on any given blade because I've accumulated a very healthy stockpile that Id rather not get into the TSA about.

Wow, already 2.5 weeks into this little blue puck of Haslinger seaweed. It's showing a lot of wear, at least half way through it. I've been loading heavy, not to intentionally burn through but because it's fun! I grated and pressed this one into a 4" container so I expect usage to be high.

Performance is top notch in every category. Scent started out the strongest of any Haslinger I've tried. While all Haslingers are mildly scented, they mostly maintain their scent all the way through to the end, except for this puck of seaweed. At the half way mark the scent is mostly nonexistent.

I've used every scent Haslinger offers. I would put seaweed as my least favorite. Sage, sandalwood, and aloe lead the pack for me. As I've stated before, I can defect no variation in performance between the various scents. All of them perform the best of the best...for me.

Still plugging away on Mama Bear Lilac and Lavender. I am mildly sensitive to some ingredient, but not enough to make me stop using it. Performance is excellent - this morning I had enough slick glycerin lather to shave a battalion of Hessians. Been using medium to dense badgers, heavy loading. Still a lot of soap left in that puck. For my two cents, Mama Bear is a winner. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another puck, albeit probably in a gentler essential oil scent.

Finished the razorback essential oil of lavendar. Would not repurchase.
I have been using some grated klar kabbinnet the past few days.

Next up- most likely Haslinger something. Will decide next week.

Still kind of rotating soaps but keying in on finishing up the Taylor Eton College cream.

Just ordered a stick of Speick and will 3017 it for Speicktember.

Then will probably move on to Mitchell's Wool Fat for the winter. If I don't get something pumpkin scented which I haven't done for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still kind of rotating soaps but keying in on finishing up the Taylor Eton College cream.

Just ordered a stick of Speick and will 3017 it for Speicktember.

Then will probably move on to Mitchell's Wool Fat for the winter. If I don't get something pumpkin scented which I haven't done for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of pumpkin scented soaps. @auk1124 experience with mama bear reminded me of what a nice slick change of pace a glycerin based soap can be. It's been a while since I went down that path. Im toying with the idea of grabbing one of mamabears seasonal scents to 3017 this fall just for something different.

Speaking of pumpkin scented soaps. @auk1124 experience with mama bear reminded me of what a nice slick change of pace a glycerin based soap can be. It's been a while since I went down that path. Im toying with the idea of grabbing one of mamabears seasonal scents to 3017 this fall just for something different.

This current puck's performance has been so nice that it has me wanting to explore the world of melt and pour more thoroughly. Thefe are still several makers of high quality glycerin soaps out there; I need to try a few more.

This current puck's performance has been so nice that it has me wanting to explore the world of melt and pour more thoroughly. Thefe are still several makers of high quality glycerin soaps out there; I need to try a few more.

I think melt and pours tend to get snubbed around here as somehow being inferior. That's a mistake, their are some excellent products on the market with mama bears being among the best. I drifted away from them myself, but I recall MBs super slick soap as being an excellent companion to my heirloom straight razor.

I'm going to be in the same town that MB's store is located in later this fall. Autumn colors are glorious in her neck of the woods. I think me and the missus will pay MB a visit and pick up a few items.

I think melt and pours tend to get snubbed around here as somehow being inferior. That's a mistake, their are some excellent products on the market with mama bears being among the best. I drifted away from them myself, but I recall MBs super slick soap as being an excellent companion to my heirloom straight razor.

I'm going to be in the same town that MB's store is located in later this fall. Autumn colors are glorious in her neck of the woods. I think me and the missus will pay MB a visit and pick up a few items.
Take some photos.

Top Bottom