What's new

My Guess... 3017

B&M Seville as of 7/28
upload_2017-8-15_8-23-10.png

And today:
upload_2017-8-15_8-23-38.png

strop

Now half as wise
I realized that my disappointment in the MW scent was that I wasn't getting any cooling sensation from the Eucalyptus and Spearmint. Decided to superlather with just a little bit of Cremo Cooling cream. Perfect.

I've been using Fine Orange for a few weeks. The scent is about non existent to me. The shave quality is good but not great. So today I decided to try my B&M Spice. Wow, what a difference! The scent is strong but not overpowering. The lather is amazing. Needless to say, Fine was demoted to shower duty. As I move along my 3017 journey, I get less tolerant of less than spectacular soaps. The difference between yesterday's shave and today was "ho hum" vs "WOW!".

I 3017 Fines effort at lavander earlier this year. The scent was pretty much gone by the time I was half way through the puck. I found performance to be very good, but not top shelf.

Lathers from The Gentlemans Quarter Oak & Moss are excellent. The scent is far superior to the Musgo Real 'Oakmoss'. The soap is also a great performer...easy to lather, nice and slick.

Well, after two straight weeks of Mama Bear, I am sorry to report that it is starting to break my face out. I think I may be slightly sensitive to whatever fragrance oil she is using. A shame, because performance is excellent. I will keep going for another shave or two, but if the breaking out continues, I may have to move on to something else.

IMG_0764.JPG
So I started 3017ing back in June. I wanted to start going through my soap stash so on June 5th I started using my CRSW Unscented tub and this morning I transferred what was left into my Captains Choice bowl. I'm having a hard time picking what to use next though. I think I've narrowed it down to either B&M Cool, Classic, or T&S Unscented (New Formulation).

Quick Truefitt & Hill 1805 review:

Great scent. Fresh, marine. Very similar to O Melhor and AOS Ocean Kelp. A bit more of a cologne scent which has some staying power.

Good post shave feel.

Good slickness.

It is on par with TOBS, AOS, Maca Root. Very good performers, but not the slickest nor densest of creams. There will be no binning of this product before it is finished. I got it in a two for one sale a couple years ago, and gave on tub to my son. In this case, a good value. At full retail, idk...

Started in mid July on beer soap brewing spearmint-eucalyptus and don't see it making it to the end of the month. The scent has mostly dissipated with just a mild spearmint left but where this soap shines is its performance. This is a great soap just like the anise scented one I used previously. It is a shame that they don't make this soap anymore and even the follow on country club for men appears to no longer exist also. Another great soap lost to time.

proxy.php

Long time no post. I've had some life things this year that took priority. In that time I've set aside Cella due to slight irritation. I'll try it again later. I did finish my control soap in 3017 fashion, a puck of AoSt unscented. I soaked in some Adidas 'Dynamic Pulse' aftershave a while ago, but even that had dissipated. So it was mainly the clay scent that came through. While the scent was 'meh' the performance was consistently good.

Next I took a few stabs at Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood . . . the performance didn't match the scent. I can get a thick, wet, goopy protolather but the resulting face lather just disappears. The younger son liked it, so it went to the upstairs bathroom. Kind of inter-family PIF.

I received a PIF of Bravo Foxtrot cream in 'Freshwood' scent from a co-worker. It's a nice woodsy scent, less cedar more pine. Bravo Foxtrot is brushless but I used a Plisson style synthetic anyway. Boy, did I have to reload. I went back to the container a few times per pass. I mention this because the scent turned rancid and I believe that it had something to do with adding water to the tub. Maybe instead it was the heat from leaving it in the shower stall? I don't know, but it's definitely getting binned. I kept the matching aftershave balm and it compliments the current 3017, a sample of Stirling Ozark Mountain. Nice scent with a slick lather. Protection isn't as good for me as AoSt but it's definitely good enough to work. I'll probably move to a cream next, which won't be too far away.

Top Bottom