What's new

PIF: Who doesn't own a Fatboy? Expanded to include everyone!

I'm in. I've never used an adjustable of any sort, so a Fatboy sounds very tempting. Here's a picture of our girl, Milkdud, better known as Dud.

full

We got Dud as a birthday present for our daughter, then age 13, who was out of town attending some ballet training in Chicago. She had been (for some time) not-so-subtly hinting that she wanted a bulldog. Probably wanted an English Bulldog, got an American Bulldog instead. We surprised her with a beautiful puppy on her return from Chicago. The two of them bonded almost instantly, and are inseperable to this day.

Dud has her comical moments, often by way of contrast. When it comes to other animals, she is fearless. I hope she never runs into a bear, because she would not back down from one. But when it comes to a helium filled balloon, now that is another story. You would think she had seen a pteradactyl, judging by her reactions.

20170720_184544.jpg

I'm in. We got this guy a few years back. He was a stray who just kept hanging around so we adopted him. Meet Leroy the one eyed cat! Thank you for the awesome PIF!

Ooh - I have a Slim, but haven't found a Fat Boy.

We don't own a dog, but we gladly babysit one for a friend when she goes traveling for a few weeks, two or three times a year.
This is Jou-jou, an "Eski-Pom", being a mix of Pomeranian and American Eskimo Dog.

The first time we had her, the owner told us how much food to give her each day, but we just kept adding food to the dish whenever it got low.
We also took her out for frequent hikes in the woods, and after the owner got back (6 weeks or so?) it turned out that Jou-jou had actually lost weight, in spite of the unlimited food.
Jou-jou is always happy to stay with us (she greets us with her "high-pitched happy bark") but is also happy when her owner gets back.

The owner calls us "The Roses' Spa". I call us "Canine Boot Camp". We'd hate to think of her being stuck in a kennel and are happy to do this favour.

100_3392.JPG

100_3399.JPG

We have a cat named Roxy, this is her shelter photo and text of what was posted for her. She definitely has "cattitude". We've been her servants for about 4 years now.

~
Meet: ROXY
I'm the girl with a cattitude! Love the food and the toys and the attention and the soft bed, but when I want to be alone, you'll know! I'm 4 years old, but act much younger as I'm so curious about the people and other cats. I'm black and white with one white ear and an all white chest. Playful, oh yes I am, but I also like peace and quiet and like my friends here, find the dogs a little loud. If you're looking for a cat with personality plus, I'm your girl.
~

-Stephen

Attachments

• roxyweb.gif
    roxyweb.gif
    230.5 KB · Views: 8
Great PIF theme :a14:
Not in, though, as I have a gorgeous Fatboy already.

Just a reminder that this PIF became a double. Everyone is encouraged to contribute and there will be 2 items going out. One for the Fatboy deprived and something diff for the Fatboy owners. Share the pics and stories!

Last edited:
Rex on the left, Gunner on the right. They aren't allowed on the bed. As soon as moma leaves for work, zoom! I'm on call 24/7 so my hours are wierd, I can't tell you how many times I'd wake up with one or both of these guys on the bed next to me. I'm not as strict as moma and they know it.

I'm in. Never have seen a fatboy in the wild. Thanks.
proxy.php

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not in, excellent PIF though. Already have two Fatboys. And a small zoo. 3 dogs, Storm,Raven, and Ghost. 9 cats, Boris, Willow, Pumpkin, Sammy, Gracie, her kittens Panda, Possum, & Jelly, and a kitten we found at a Kroger parking lot we named Skittles. 3 Tortoises 2 Red foots named Cornelious and Zira, and a Sulcata named Elliot. Here are some pics.

Great PIF! I have never used or seen a Fatboy.

This is Logan. He came into my life one day as a stray one cold winter day and never left.

This picture actually has to do with my funny story. I planted Cat Grass in my backyard one year and Logan would go out eat it and roll around in it and get all dirty. This is what he would look like after he was done.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A PIF to pay back the forum a small portion of the gratitude I owe for all I have learned. For this one I want to focus on newer members who haven't had a chance to own a Fatboy yet. May not be that many, or may be quite a few.

F4 - 1960 FB while not mint, is in perfect mechanical/shaving condition. Has been one of my regulars.

The rules, laid out by my wife, will be simple: Post a pic of your pet(s) with a few details about how you got it (them) and maybe a funny story about them. No pets? Post a pic of your wife and/or kid(s) and a funny story about how you got them ;). PIF ends when there are at least a couple dozen replies.

I'll start it with a pic of our coonhound Polly. I was out riding one day and found her on the side of the road starving. I was 40 miles from home. Called the wife to bring food and the SUV. Were going to bathe her and take her for adoption but after the bath we both knew she was already home. Sweetest dog I have ever owned.
View attachment 805681

I'm in! I've never owned an adjustable period never mind a FB.

Since you posted a coon hound, see my fathers prized Treeing Walker below. His name was War Drum, and his brother was Apache Joe and yet another was Comanche. There use to be 17 coon hounds in the yard at one time and they all worked.

War Drum.JPG

We went out one night for a coon hunt and he opened up as he came off the tailgate of the truck. When we finally caught up to him barking treed, he was 20 feet up the tree and had 7 coons above him. He would have gone higher if the limbs would have supported him lol. My dad had to catch him as he was coming down.

My father turned down $15,000US for that dog, and the night he had the 7 coons in a single tree, we shot 22 coons in that bush over him that night at an average of $119 each.

I still have his Night Champion trophies. He was out of the famous Finley River US bloodline.

I am in; never used one. No pics, but I do have a tale about my barkless dog. Yes, he was a Basenji. They can yodel if left in the backyard and it starts to rain, but these hounds do not bark. Nor mind. They have the personality of a cat. They are aloof. They do not wish to be put on a leash, and do so with great reluctance. They have very short hair and lick themselves like a cat. Mine feared nothing, and alas, this 25 pound pup was no match for an F150, but he was much loved for the four years he was part of our lives. His favorite toy was a gift from the butcher, a bone about two feet in length. He is missed.

This is Florence. Florence showed up at my neighbor's house on Christmas day of 2015 right before an epic snow storm. My neighbor called me over, and before I know it, my wife is carrying Florence into our house. Not being a "dog person," I posted on Facebook and contacted the local animal shelter. I was determined not to add another dog to our family. No one claimed her. I took her to a vet; she was not chipped.

So she stayed.

We kept her even though my wife already had two dogs, and I had two turtles and an iguana. My wife realized Florence was my dog, but I didn't realize it until Florence dug her way out of our yard last fall, and then I realized I love her. It took me nine days to find her. I posted on Facebook, took out ads in the newspaper, drove and walked around neighborhoods calling her name. Nine days after she left, a man called me and said he had Florence. he said I could come and get her when he got off work. That was the longest wait ever, but he kept his word, and I picked Florence up. I tried to give him a reward, but he turned me down. He said he had to teach his kids not everything is about money.

I sent Florence's rescuer a Christmas card with a gift certificate for some steaks. I also kept my resolution to walk Florence every day, and now we leave her in the house when we leave, and board her when we go out of town.

Last edited:
This is Florence. Florence showed up at my neighbor's house on Christmas day of 2015 right before an epic snow storm. My neighbor called me over, and before I know it, my wife is carrying Florence into our house. Not being a "dog person," I posted on Facebook and contacted the local animal shelter. I was determined not to add another dog to our family. No one claimed her. I took her to a vet; she was not chipped.

So she stayed.

We kept her even though my wife already had two dogs, and I had two turtles and an iguana. My wife realized Florence was my dog, but I didn't realize it until Florence dug her way out of our yard last fall, and then I realized I love her. It took me nine days to find her. I posted on Facebook, took out ads in the newspaper, drove and walked around neighborhoods calling her name. Nine days after she left, a man called me and said he had Florence. he said I could come and get her when he got off work. That was the longest wait ever, but he kept his word, and I picked Florence up. I tried to give him a reward, but he turned me down. He said he had to teach his kids not everything is about money.

I sent Florence's rescuer a Christmas card with a gift certificate for some steaks. I also kept my resolution to walk Florence every day, and now we leave her in the house when we leave, and board her when we go out of town.

Oops! Here are the pictures. I am still figuring out how to use the forum. For the record, I do have a fatboy.

Top Bottom