What's new

PIF: Who doesn't own a Fatboy? Expanded to include everyone!

Newbie in! Thanks
This is Annie. As in the movie. We got her 2 years ago at a local shopping center adoption day. We couldn't resist, they had just adopted out the last pup of her litter and she looked so sad. Before deciding we too her next door to Starbucks....well she sat there like she belonged to us, a perfect little lady. Oh and her hair, let's just say we've given up worrying about the "hairy house".
IMG_0003.jpg

I'm in! I've never owned an adjustable period never mind a FB.

Since you posted a coon hound, see my fathers prized Treeing Walker below. His name was War Drum, and his brother was Apache Joe and yet another was Comanche. There use to be 17 coon hounds in the yard at one time and they all worked.

View attachment 805872

We went out one night for a coon hunt and he opened up as he came off the tailgate of the truck. When we finally caught up to him barking treed, he was 20 feet up the tree and had 7 coons above him. He would have gone higher if the limbs would have supported him lol. My dad had to catch him as he was coming down.

My father turned down $15,000US for that dog, and the night he had the 7 coons in a single tree, we shot 22 coons in that bush over him that night at an average of $119 each.

I still have his Night Champion trophies. He was out of the famous Finley River US bloodline.

That is a good looking hound. Our vet told us Polly Ester is also a Treeing Walker.

My wife and I are so happy with this thread she asked me to keep it going for a bit so we can see more replies. Thanks everyone for your participation. <0

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That is a good looking hound. Our vet told us Polly Ester is also a Treeing Walker.

My wife and I are so happy with this thread she asked me to keep it going for a bit so we can see more replies. Thanks everyone for your participation. <0

Heres one your wife might especially appreciate.

This is Dan on his birthday. Does he look proud? LOL

dan's bd.JPG

He was my fathers dog from when my sister and I were very young. I'm 51 now and my sister is 3 years older.

When we were little and going to school, I was in kindergarten, Dan use to walk us there in the morning and meet us after and walk us home. He followed the sidewalks and always crossed at the lights when the cars stopped! He knew how it worked. I remember my parents telling us that when it was time for school to get out, one of them would just say to Dan "school", and off he'd go to meet us.

Dogs have been a part of my entire life from before I can remember and I've heard many stories of the dogs that had an impact on my fathers life long before I was born.

So many stories...

I'm in! I have never even tried a Fatboy but would love to own one.

This is Tucker our very special Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie). When he was younger he would love to go on long day hikes with the wife and 2 sons in Washington state.

Tucker Full Size.jpg

Oh heck, why not toss in my hat and my cat. I'm in (i also have a fatboy). This is Whisper. Whisper was my gal for more than 15 years. She was a stray rescue and spent the first two weeks at our house living under the kitchen sink only coming out at night to eat. We were very near a cornfield and, until I discovered electronic repellers, she was our mouser too. I didn't want a pet at all when we got her. But once she warmed up to the family she took her spot on my lap and lived there until she passed. She ran the household, made sure we were all up at the right time in the morning, hinted when it was time to go to bed and slept with the sick ones when the flu was going around. And I must ad, she didn't meow. I think she had some damage from her street life and could purr and growl only (hence the name Whisper)
100_0390.JPG

A couple of weeks ago I didn't have either a Fatboy or a pet..
Then I did some research about them.
I still don't have a pet.
proxy.php

Not in - I have a FP already, but thought I'd share my pets anyway.

upload_2017-7-21_16-21-24.png

On the right is Princess. She's a tortoiseshell cat we got from one of my wife's co-workers. There's nothing much remarkable about her.
The one on the left just wondered up one day and started hanging around. My daughters named her Lola, and fell in love. They asked me if we could feed her, and I said only if you try to find her owner, so they put up flyers around the neighborhood about the female cat we found. After about a week, we decided we'd have her spayed, immunized and checked out. A little while later, the vet calls my wife at work and informs her that Lola is actually a neutered male!! So now Lola (appropriately named per The Kinks) is Larry!
upload_2017-7-21_16-26-5.png

Princess makes herself comfortable wherever she wants. I think she wanted to go on vacation with us...

upload_2017-7-21_16-27-59.png

Larry thought we put this box there for him, and gave me the "I'll get out when I'm good and ready" look...

upload_2017-7-21_16-56-56.png
upload_2017-7-21_16-59-41.png

upload_2017-7-21_16-29-44.png

...and last, but not least, is our "Jack-huahua", Biscuit. He loves people, and loves to cuddle, but he absolutely hates other dogs. He's not one to let me get in the way of him being able to look out the window!!

Not in, but such an awesome PIF. I just got done cleaning and detailing my first Fatboy which came in today from eBay (1960 F2)
proxy.php

Not in, but such an awesome PIF. I just got done cleaning and detailing my first Fatboy which came in today from eBay (1960 F2)
proxy.php

You're in for the grand alternate super secret second razor for posting but the new rules say you have to post a pic, or tell an amusing story. Don't blame me my wife wrote the rules.

You're in for the grand alternate super secret second razor for posting but the new rules say you have to post a pic, or tell an amusing story. Don't blame me my wife wrote the rules.

So here's a picture of the only person that gets more excited about ice cream than me, Our son Jackson.
proxy.php

Thank you for the generous PIF, I'm in. I have always wanted to pick up a fatboy, but have never been able to find one in the wild. This is my dog, KIT. We named her that because my wife thought it would be funny to call her "Kitty" and I used to love Knight Rider when it ran on television. She's a rescue pup frfom a local shelter, a magnificent and loyal pup!
Kit2.JPG

She loves to cuddle, as you see.
Kit1.JPG

And take my truck for a spin around town, lol.

I'm not in as I already own a fat boy birth year razor. Just wanted to say I love the original posters dog rescue story and all the others as well. My wife and I have owned 3 different Welsh corgis over the past 30 years. Funny little dogs that are as much a part of the family as our kids.
20161224_155720.jpg

IMG_0380.JPG
I have never had a Fat Boy is my dream ! The photo is my Chihuahua , he was born dead . We had it pumped out . And yesterday he turned 10 years old !!!

Last edited:
I am in. I have never tried a Fatboy razor and would love to do so.

This is Grimm the Doberman
proxy.php

We got him after he was returned to the breeder and was a skint as a rake.
He is an awesome guard dog.
Once he didn't see me walk behind the shed and o moved something and he went nuts ..... charged around the corner to deal with the intruder saw it was me a yelped and looked all guilty ....

Other times a drunken bum pushed in our front gate. Again he went nuts and wouldn't let him on our property.

He is also a complete nut job and a very good boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

Let me introduce Cat and his most beloved toy, the Q-tip. We adopted our fatboy 8 years ago. To be fair he is twice the size of a regular cat, so 6 kg-s is not that much.
He checks every morning whether we are still alive, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Not in, but great PIF.

IMG_2460.JPG

Adam

Top Bottom