What's new

PIF: Who doesn't own a Fatboy? Expanded to include everyone!

A PIF to pay back the forum a small portion of the gratitude I owe for all I have learned. For this one I want to focus on newer members who haven't had a chance to own a Fatboy yet. May not be that many, or may be quite a few.

F4 - 1960 FB while not mint, is in perfect mechanical/shaving condition. Has been one of my regulars.

The rules, laid out by my wife, will be simple: Post a pic of your pet(s) with a few details about how you got it (them) and maybe a funny story about them. No pets? Post a pic of your wife and/or kid(s) and a funny story about how you got them ;). PIF ends when there are at least a couple dozen replies.

I'll start it with a pic of our coonhound Polly. I was out riding one day and found her on the side of the road starving. I was 40 miles from home. Called the wife to bring food and the SUV. Were going to bathe her and take her for adoption but after the bath we both knew she was already home. Sweetest dog I have ever owned.
polly.jpg

Second mystery razor will be awarded to the winner of the Fatboy owners' group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great PIF! Not in, as I have a Fat boy.

I have a funny dog story, though.
I've got 3 dogs. All from the same parents. 1 girl (7yrs) and 2 boys (3yrs). Maltese/Shih Tzu mix. Tiny little terrors, but heaps of personality.

Whenever we get harnesses/ leashes put on them to take them for a walk, one of the boys will grab the end of his leash and walk around with it. We joke that he's going to walk himself.

I've got two doggies, Rita & Ralph.

Rita we got from my then college-student son. He thought he wanted a dog, but he was so busy with school and football that he was unable to care for her. She then became lame, and it was diagnosed as Valley Fever (a fungal infection that is quite serious and commonly occurs in the Southwest). We took Rita from our son and got her well. She's a great dog!

Ralph was owned by an older woman who was not able to care for Ralph due to her declining health. While with her, he pretty much just ate table scraps and junk. He lived in her back yard and rarely had company. We took Ralph from her, gave him proper food and he lost probably 10-15 pounds. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but VERY lovable and a great dog!

You can see from this video that they are great pals:

(I don't have a Fatboy but would really like to try one!)

I'm in. Here is my best friend Gus. I've never had a more loving friendly dog. We picked him up at an Amish farm 4 years ago. He has several traits which none of my dogs in the past have had.#1 If I lay on the floor, no matter where he is he comes and lays right up against me. #2 When me and the wife are gone when he sees us coming back he always runs and gets one of his toys to greet us at the door with and he always takes one of his toys when we go up to bed, whats funny is sometimes he'll get halfway up the steps before he remembers and will run back down to get one lol
12185424_915531118523140_4999344564390816033_o.jpg

I don't have a Fat Boy but have been looking at them along with Slim Adjustables on the bay recently. I have not made a purchase because I just don't quite know what to look for regarding condition and value.

The dapple mini dachshund is Sophie and the other is Binx. Not a super fantastic story on how we acquired them but my wife and I have had mini "D's" for years. Several years ago we had our 15 year old girl put to sleep and then 2 years ago we had our 14 year old boy put to sleep as well. My wife decided the house was a little boring without fur babies running around so we got Sophie. We couldn't let Sophie grow up alone so 3 months later we got Binx. As you can tell they are extremely spoiled.

Attachments

• IMG_4954.JPG
    IMG_4954.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5599.JPG
    IMG_5599.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Please count me in! I don't have a Fat Boy, and in fact I've never had a vintage adjustable razor of any kind.

I was never a dog person. My wife has always had a dog (Chihuahuas) or even two at a time, but I was too focused on work and my own interests to care for anything else. Then my mother died, and her last request of me was that I find a good home for her dog. I took him home with me after my mother's funeral, fully intending to find him a home, but within a couple of days he informed me that he WAS home. He became my constant companion (I had just retired, so I had lots of time) and followed every step I took. I came to love that dog more than I would have ever thought possible. When he was 14, after us being together for 5 years, his health began to fail. Our vet told us that his trachea was collapsing, and that his labored breathing was causing him to suffer and his heart was enlarged. We made an appointment to have him put down, and when we arrived at the vet on the appointed day, my wife turned to me and asked "What day is today?" I hadn't realized it, but it was my mother's birthday... we felt like she was calling him home. RIP Stretch 12-20-2013

That was four years ago, and I haven't been able to find another dog...my wife keeps telling me I should, but I just haven't wanted to. His picture is my avatar, but here is another:

Stretch toy.jpg

Very generous PIF, but I spent way too much on a Mint F2 so I am not in.
One of 2 rescue cats my wife brought home from the parking lot of our dentist. Damn cat acts more like a dog!
IMG_20170706_172118035.jpg

Great PIF!! I am not in as I already own a Fatboy so it would not be fair. But I will post a pic of this little hell cat who is still in kitten stage and doesn't know what to get in to next.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
I'm in. Never tried a Fatboy.

I moved in with the girl about 2 years ago. She had 5 Cats. We lost one to cancer about a month ago. Most of the cats tolerated me, but Baby, the oldest at 18, never really acknowledged my existence. She's been on her last leg for awhile. Kidney failure means we give her IV fluids every 2 days. Well, about 6 months ago, she decided she likes me! I do protect her from the younger attack cats. She now follows me around everywhere. It's kind of cute. I'm getting pretty attached to the old girl.
IMG_0550.JPG

I'm in, if that's OK. I'm not a newbie, but I've never even held a Fatboy, much less owned one.

I don't have a picture, but we had a Basset Hound. She was old and her colors were faded, and she was almost blind. A friend of my daughters were moving out of state and asked if we'd keep her till they got settled, and they never came back! So she became ours for a few years until she passed. She was a happy girl and we loved her dearly.

I've decided to open the PIF to everyone. The responses so far are priceless and more is better. You guys who already own a Fatboy please post your pics and stories, like with TobyC if you have no pic let's hear the story anyway.

2 PIFs in one. The Fatboy goes to someone who hasn't owned one, and the mystery surprise razor goes to the winner who already has a Fatboy.

Awesome PIF! :clap:
Not in, I already have mine, but someone is in for a treat!

Here's a pic of one of our cats. I came home one day to find her already in the house. Apparently my wife was sitting on the front porch when a little kitten came walking up the sidewalk, jumped into her lap and started purring wildly. We tried to find out if she belonged to anyone, but couldn't find an owner, and wound up keeping her. There are a couple of grain elevators in our small town, so lots of birds and mice to keep the local strays breeding.
DSCF9760.JPG

I've decided to open the PIF to everyone. The responses so far are priceless and more is better. You guys who already own a Fatboy please post your pics and stories, like with TobyC if you have no pic let's hear the story anyway.

2 PIFs in one. The Fatboy goes to someone who hasn't owned one, and the mystery surprise razor goes to the winner who already has a Fatboy.

Good man! The B&B spirit is alive and well!

Not in have a Fatboy and won my share of PIFs when I first started this journey. But that is an awesome pif for those who don't own one. Out of the 4 razors I own it it is probably my favorite if not it is #2.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I am in. Have never used a Fat Boy. My dad showed up at our house a couple of days before Christmas with Zoe and said "Merry Christmas! I thought the boys should have a dog". I was like "Um thanks!?" He never told us he was giving us a dog. Thanks for the 10+ year commitment dad! Anyway, she is a sweet dog and is good with the kids. This photo was before we did a 8 mile mountain bike ride. She kept up with me the whole way!
IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG
I'm in would love to try a fat boy, this is a pic of my puppy Holly I got her as my mate needed a home for her she was the one left , funny story my mates sister was at the house visiting and screamed out ouch she just bit me, she was only about 4 weeks at the time and my mate said that's funny because she doesn't have any teeth yet lol

I am SO IN! Great PIF and thanks.
Sebastian, the miniature Schnauzer, is our first born.
Absolute "Play All Day hound".
Chewy, the Red Poodle, is our youngest.
Seb and Chewy.jpg

Pics a little old, but was right after we got Chewy. My wife's best friend raises Red Standard Poodles and just happen to have an unplanned litter. We we're over for Sunday dinner after church and me and the little guy hit it off. I was looking for a little buddy for Sebastian and after Chewy fell asleep in my arms it was a done deal.

Top Bottom