What's new

Update: On Glock's Appeal against Army's Decision on Sig 320

I guess what I'm saying is I think you have to be over 60 to buy into the Colt name. To most of the old timers that's the only 1911.

If we have to put a big name for production ARs out there I'm going with FN. They've built more for our military than Colt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

How about if I go along and say the Glock is the SBC of the pistol world?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here is where I absolutely agree. Question? What the hell took those other companies so damn long to quit fighting and resisting the fame of the polymer Glock and finally give in and copy them and try to build on that blueprint (Gold Standard) of success? :)

It's about time imo. But I still don't think they have bettered it yet... But hey, if ya can't beat em' join em!
We could all be target practicing with polymer phasers next week! :)

OkieStubble

I guess what I'm saying is I think you have to be over 60 to buy into the Colt name. To most of the old timers that's the only 1911.

If we have to put a big name for production ARs out there I'm going with FN. They've built more for our military than Colt.

I agree again. We probably agree on most gun related things, except for your propensity to resist the greatness of Glock. ;)

Colt WAS the Gold Standard in the 80s. Did they get that back? I heard of several crappy ones and shoddy customer service through the 90s and 00s.

Going by the definition of "gold standard" :the best, most reliable, or most prestigious thing of its type

I would say Colt has lost that title. There are many manufacturers that are as widely known and surpass them in quality.

I feel the same with Glock. Maybe not surpassed in quality as I do admit they make a firearm you wouldn't hesitate to risk your life on, but there are many equals now.

"What the hell took those other companies so damn long to quit fighting and resisting the fame of the polymer Glock and finally give in and copy them and try to build on that blueprint (Gold Standard) of success?"

Going by that ideology, HK should be the "gold standard" since Glock built off of their "blueprint". They just made it idiot-proof and mass-marketed to poorly trained people. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

Don't see how you can handle a P320 and not immediately feel they redefined the standard. The biggest negative to the Glock for me is the trigger safety. Hate it.

I guess if everybody and their brother was jumping off buildings I'd have to find a taller one. To me popularity alone isn't enough to set a standard.

But they ARE a quality, functional tool.

OkieStubble

Colt WAS the Gold Standard in the 80s. Did they get that back? I heard of several crappy pines and shoddy customer service through the 90s and 00s.

Without Colt, none of the other makers AR's you listed, would exist. Colt was their blueprint. No way around that reality.

Without Colt, none of the other makers AR's you listed, would exist. Colt was their blueprint. No way around that reality.
Then this hand cannon should be the "gold standard" of all handguns, because without it, the "blueprint" wouldn't exist right?

1024px-Yuan_chinese_gun.jpg

OkieStubble

Don't see how you can handle a P320 and not immediately feel they redefined the standard.

I even agree with you here, but not totally. But we are on the same page my friend. I have handled and shot the 320 without actually owning it, probably more than most who actually own it. I'm talking a couple a thousand rounds now.

LOVE the ergonomics of the grip. LOVE the trigger. LOVE the accuracy. But I LOVE those same things about the Glock. If the Sig 320 wants my vote over the Glock. Then they seriously need to consider redesigning the too high and too far forward bore axis.

But they won't do that for simply two damn reasons. 1. They want it to look like a Sig. 2. They don't want it to look like a Glock. The problem here is, that low slide and bore axis, is what makes the Glock so great.

Plain & Simple.

Not denying they WERE, just saying I think they're washed up. During the time they set the standard the bar was pretty low.

If they hadn't bought Stoner's design somebody would have.

The problem here is, that low slide and bore axis, is what makes the Glock so great.

Plain & Simple.

To those of us that aren't fans to begin with that's no big deal.

By that criteria you would LOVE the Chiappa Rhino. That's about as low as a bore can get.

OkieStubble

Then this hand cannon should be the "gold standard" of all handguns, because without it, the "blueprint" wouldn't exist right?

Randy and myself have been having an intelligent debate. You should try again to attempt to join in Shawn... Cuz that post, wasn't it. :)

OkieStubble

Not denying they WERE, just saying I think they're washed up. During the time they set the standard the bar was pretty low.

If they hadn't bought Stoner's design somebody would have.

LIke who? LMT? :) If you are doing woulda shoulda coulda's. you must be running out of debate material?

OkieStubble

Going by that ideology, HK should be the "gold standard" since Glock built off of their "blueprint". They just made it idiot-proof and mass-marketed to poorly trained people. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

You might want to Google a pic of the HK VP70 first young man, then maybe change your post to "why the High Point copied them".

Again, All other quality AR's copied the blue print of success from Colt. And all other polymers, copied the blue print of success from Glock. And saying different is just being a Glock hater. :001_tt2:

And just in case you didn't know, the very unpopular HK VP70 (High Point) discontinued looooong before Gaston Glock created 'Glock Perfection'.

Top Bottom