What's new

Update: On Glock's Appeal against Army's Decision on Sig 320

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Last I heard treaties still require the use of ball ammo,
But the US never ratified that article of the Hague conventions (Article 4 sec 3.) From what I've read the U.S. goes along with the Hague convention guidelines because countries that are a part of NATO are expected to follow the guidelines laid out in the Hague and Geneva conventions. But the U.S. has never signed a treaty that states our military will not use hollow points.

The theory on ball ammo (or from what I've been told) was that when you shoot a guy, he goes down but doesn't die, so the enemy has to have the medic/another Soldier take care of him, taking them out of the fight as well.

I know MP's carry hollow points, at least stateside.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The theory on ball ammo (or from what I've been told) was that when you shoot a guy, he goes down but doesn't die, so the enemy has to have the medic/another Soldier take care of him, taking them out of the fight as well.

I know MP's carry hollow points, at least stateside.

So we can use deadlier ammo against our own, just not the enemy?

The use of full metal jacketing in military ammunition came about because of the need for improved feeding characteristics in small arms using internal mechanical manipulation of the cartridge to chamber rounds. The Hague Convention only addresses that projectiles must not be designed to flatten or expand, not that they be jacketed.

Just for fun...

I think they should have picked the all steel CZ 75 over "all of the above" polymer wonders, but what do I know? I'm now an over-60 geezer.

Heya!!! Old enough to remember a world before Polymer pistols here, also! CZ metal frame all the way!!

In fact, I've got a CZ75b SA sitting in the 10 day waiting period jail right now.

So, based entirely on my personal preference, I believe that the Army is wrong on both counts! :001_tongu

Top Bottom