What's new

First shave with a Super Speed

I had mentioned in response to a post in a thread a while back that I didn't have a Gillette SS, but would try one eventually. A generous member messaged me and asked if I would like one. I received it today and it is in great shape.

I loaded it with a Nacet blade after a ten minute soak in Barbicide. I shave at night to make my mornings easier. I had an excellent shave. It is milder, in my opinion, than my Maggard V3. I did my normal WTG, XTG, ATG shave with no issues.

The SS is a great razor, but getting it from a member who wanted to help out a fellow member makes it all the better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Congratulations Chris! We would love to see your Super Speed! Does it have a Date Code? God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Congratulations Chris! We would love to see your Super Speed! Does it have a Date Code? God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
I don't see a date code. Here is a couple of pictures.
proxy.php
proxy.php

More love for the Gillette Nacet, it really is a terrific blade that can be used with so many handles.
They are definitely one of my favorites, if not the favorite. I have just over 200 of them and will probably order more when they run low.

It's in my top-5 and it's my grandfather's favorite as well. He must have tried about 20 different brands that I sent him, all really good ones, and he finally settled on the nacet being the best. Plus I really like the box design, it dates back to the early 20th century during the czech republic.

Nice. That's my favorite style Super Speed. Looks like 47-50. If the center bar has no blade loading notch, it's a 47. Notch and no date code is 48-50. Wonderful shavers. A Kai will make it a hair more aggressive, and is one of my favorite combos. That one looks to be in very good condition. Always impressed when I remember these are 67-70 years old. Congrats.

It's in my top-5 and it's my grandfather's favorite as well. He must have tried about 20 different brands that I sent him, all really good ones, and he finally settled on the nacet being the best. Plus I really like the box design, it dates back to the early 20th century during the czech republic.
I hadn't realized it was a design from the Czech Republic. I have worked with a few people from that area of the world. I find the different eastern European nations fascinating after taking grad courses focused on Europe.

I had mentioned in response to a post in a thread a while back that I didn't have a Gillette SS, but would try one eventually. A generous member messaged me and asked if I would like one. I received it today and it is in great shape.

I loaded it with a Nacet blade after a ten minute soak in Barbicide. I shave at night to make my mornings easier. I had an excellent shave. It is milder, in my opinion, than my Maggard V3. I did my normal WTG, XTG, ATG shave with no issues.

The SS is a great razor, but getting it from a member who wanted to help out a fellow member makes it all the better.

The generosity of others does make it feel so much more special. I am a big fan of Super Speeds. Glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very nice. Superspeeds are held in very high regard in this shave den. 10 min ago I finished a perfect summer morning shave with my birth quarter Flare Tip, a Feather blade and Proraso Green soap + splash. Doesn't get any better than this.:)

Very cool, this community never ceases to amaze. This is the second time in two days that I've heard about members gifting other members razors... The SS is a great razor Ive actually got mine loaded up for this morning. It's a great razor.

Top Bottom