What's new

The Vintage Gillette Aristocrat

Here are my two: a '46-'47 Aristocrat and an Aristocrat Jr (sorry in advance for the poor picture). Both are great shavers and enjoy using them a lot.

Lots of great eye candy in this thread to drool over. A UK Aristocrat Open Comb is on my unicorn list.

A3.jpg
aristocrat jr.jpg

What is it with The Brits ?
No pun intended, mostly. I guess they are just a cut above.
Populars are great too, right column, OC 15s in the next, AJs in the center (oops and bottom right) and 3rd / 4th generation SB Aristotocrats in the two left columns.
All great shavers.
IMG_0631.PNG

Graydog

Biblical Innards
No pun intended, mostly. I guess they are just a cut above.
Populars are great too, right column, OC 15s in the next, AJs in the center (oops and bottom right) and 3rd / 4th generation SB Aristotocrats in the two left columns.
All great shavers.
View attachment 797654

Very Nice !........Popular s are on My list of Razors to explore

Don't have an Aristocrat, but I have the bastard red headed step child of the first gen Aristocrat and first gen Super Speed

View attachment 797611

The Sheraton. Was thinking this morning it's either an Aristo-Speed, or a Super-Crat.:a17:
Brother Hoka Hey, I love your description of the Sheraton (which I have). I never thought of it that way, but I think you're not only clever but you're also correct!

Keep'em coming, gentlemen! A beauty parade!

Here you have my 1934 Aristocrat

proxy.php

And my English Aristocrat #15 set

proxy.php

Now I realise I don't have photos of my 1936 Aristocrat, nor of my 1938 English Aristocrat #20... Will have to sort it out...

Last edited:
My Sheraton has the exact same head as my 1936 Aristocrat.

Thanks for sharing the observation. When it clicked in my head this morning that the Sheraton was sort of a transitional razor between the first gen Aristocrat and first gen Super Speed, I also was curious how close the heads matched. Thanks for the answer.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Yet the Sheraton is a smoother and milder shaver than the '36 Aristocrat. Can anyone explain that?

Au contraire, My 1936 is My smoothest Razor I own, and it is The G.O.A.T. of all I have tried.
Sherry is close but not quite there for ME

Top Bottom