What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

IMAG1672.jpg
2006 Acadia ribbon in the Savinelli unfinished, Very very good tobacco!

Finally got around to jarring up the Old Joe Krantz I received from the NFL pool. Might as well pinch out a bowl first...

20170303_142844.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Some GH Cherry Flake in my Kiko tankard.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
And some 2009 McClelland Tutor Arcade in my Baki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some Balmoral in a Dagner Cob, courtesy of @bryant
A close flavor profile to Nightcap as mentioned. I thought that the Balmoral had a casing of some sort, but I think that it is some black cavendish that I'm picking up on. It has a semi sweet and sour note, not powerful and slightly spicier than Nightcap. Nightcap has a floral note that I pick up on which I really enjoy that's not present in the Balmoral. I would say Balmoral is like Nightcap with a pinch of perique and a dose of black cavendish. Good stuff!
proxy.php
Sry. Can't get photos to upload with this new system!

Some Balmoral in a Dagner Cob, courtesy of @bryant
A close flavor profile to Nightcap as mentioned. I thought that the Balmoral had a casing of some sort, but I think that it is some black cavendish that I'm picking up on. It has a semi sweet and sour note, not powerful and slightly spicier than Nightcap. Nightcap has a floral note that I pick up on which I really enjoy that's not present in the Balmoral. I would say Balmoral is like Nightcap with a pinch of perique and a dose of black cavendish. Good stuff!
proxy.php

Awesome! It is great stuff!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
View attachment 772884
2006 Acadia ribbon in the Savinelli unfinished, Very very good tobacco!

It took me quite a few bowls to fully appreciate the tanginess of the aged Acadian Perique. I'm glad that you like it though. I smoked some in a meer for the first time two days ago. The meer really brought out the flavor! The tins of it that I've picked up have all come from P&C in the past half a year. All of them were 2006.

It took me quite a few bowls to fully appreciate the tanginess of the aged Acadian Perique. I'm glad that you like it though. I smoked some in a meer for the first time two days ago. The meer really brought out the flavor! The tins of it that I've picked up have all come from P&C in the past half a year. All of them were 2006.
Good to know! If they send out a forgive us sale - I am on it!!

Finally got around to jarring up the Old Joe Krantz I received from the NFL pool. Might as well pinch out a bowl first...

View attachment 772936

Is that an African Meer? It looks hard and shiny like porcelain... although the stem looks Baki-esque. Apologies if you've written about this pipe already but sometimes I only get to hangout here on weekends so I miss a bunch of stuff.

Try the "UPLOAD A FILE" radio button right below the response text box.

Is that an African Meer? It looks hard and shiny like porcelain... although the stem looks Baki-esque. Apologies if you've written about this pipe already but sometimes I only get to hangout here on weekends so I miss a bunch of stuff.

It's Turkish. The stem is Cumberland ebonite - Fikri Baki does make extensive use of Cumberland, but this is an IMP. One day I will get a Baki, but I'm in no rush.

PS LNF in my H Cor.

I'm probably going to give into the temptation of opening a tin of Gatsby Luxury Flake later, just to determine whether I should clear my B&M of it on my next visit.

Top Bottom