What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Revisiting the Black Death in my trusty IMP. Plan on seeing a lot of this pipe in March, at least until my Cor gets here...

20170304_132747.jpg

Great afternoon to try this new to me pipe, with Rattrays Old Gowrie(1st). While grilling and enjoying the High Life..lol..
20170304_163441.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
PS LNF in my H Cor.

I'm probably going to give into the temptation of opening a tin of Gatsby Luxury Flake later, just to determine whether I should clear my B&M of it on my next visit.

I like the Gatsby. Very similar to Peter Stokkebye, but with a very slight topping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS LNF in my H Cor.

I'm probably going to give into the temptation of opening a tin of Gatsby Luxury Flake later, just to determine whether I should clear my B&M of it on my next visit.
I enjoyed GLF. Citrusy VA flake.
It's been a long time since I had Orlik GS, but if I was forced to make a comparison that's the one I'd make.

DE Gatsby Luxury Flake in the Baki. So far, it's nice... probably even better with more than just a couple years worth of age on it. If anything, I think it's sorely missing perique to give it an added dimension. That might just be my perique bias poking through though. It also just the beginning of the bowl, so I'll see how it develops further down.

I like the Gatsby. Very similar to Peter Stokkebye, but with a very slight topping.
Having just smoked PS LNF, I can taste some similarities. It has a similar base, but the differences come down to Perique vs. Cavendish. This is more citrusy and sweet, where as LNF has the plum and spicy perique notes.

I enjoyed GLF. Citrusy VA flake.
It's been a long time since I had Orlik GS, but if I was forced to make a comparison that's the one I'd make.
It's been a couple years since I had OGS, but my memory tends to agree that they're in the same ballpark.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Taking a break from meers to smoke Solani Silver in my new Rad Davis poker.

proxy.php

Some wonderful Special Latakia Flake in the Peterson Ebony Spigot at my son's wedding. The perfect end to a perfect day.
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Some wonderful Special Latakia Flake in the Peterson Ebony Spigot at my son's wedding. The perfect end to a perfect day.
proxy.php

Congratulations, Bill! When you bought that pipe, I was thinking that it would be a gorgeous dress pipe. Very classy! I'm absolutely loving the cufflinks as well!

Thanks gents. The cufflinks were a big hit. I love them. The SLF was awesome. It was the first I have had and the Pete Spigot was perfect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

John Patton Storm Front in the H Cor.

My pattern has been H Cor - Baki - H Cor when I smoke 3x a day. It lets the Cor catch up in color to the Baki.

A bowl of Chocolate Flake in my Bones...a quick break from March Meerschaum Madness for me

Top Bottom