What's new

Cult of Arko

I believe his name is Kirko. :lol:

Yeah, that was in interesting Saturday morning when the thread took off. Read the whole thing. Isn't quite as funny reading it a few years later, but we had a blast with it. Posts were flying!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/383994-Let-s-Name-the-Arko-Guy!?highlight=kirko

Lots of folks ask how to join.

Profess your love of Arko in public, and put aside the rantings of the olfactory challenged urinal puck deniers.

(Note: In public means here at B&B. You might get lock in a nut-hut if you do it on a street corner.)

Last edited:
Yeah, that was in interesting Saturday morning when the thread took off. Read the whole thing. Isn't quite as funny reading it a few years later, but we had a blast with it. Posts were flying!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/383994-Let-s-Name-the-Arko-Guy!?highlight=kirko

Lots of folks ask how to join.

Profess your love of Arko in public, and put aside the rantings of the olfactory challenged urinal puck deniers.

(Note: In public means here at B&B. You might get lock in a nut-hut if you do it on a street corner.)

I remember that thread, it was a fun one!

I am one with Arko. Here is my public declaration. If I had to choose one, forever, it would be Arko.

There. That felt good.

What is your favorite aftershave pairing for Arko? I like Tabac with Tabac, La Toja with La Toja and Speick with Speick. I like Lucky Tiger well enough.

proxy.php

B.O.T.O.C.

I have the green but haven't tried it after Arko. I also have an old Avon in a glass corncob pipe my kids got me 20 years ago. I've been afraid to open it. Fine American Blend is on my wish list. Thanks!

B.O.T.O.C.
C.O.A.

Oh boy! That's about 4 years worth of Arko goodness for me. I generally get about 100 + shaves out of a stick. Arko in bulk rocks.

Currently I have 120+ shaves of one stick and there are still about 1/5 left. I just need a small rub to get a perfect lather.

I get pretty aggressive applying mine, and it looks like I haven't made a dent in it. Of course, I only shave three times per week.
Currently I have 120+ shaves of one stick and there are still about 1/5 left. I just need a small rub to get a perfect lather.

I used to get around 200 shaves per stick. I'm now pressing 3 sticks at a time into a tub and either bowl lathering it or using the Marco method. I think my 900g box will last through the end of the decade as part of my rotation.

I also part a 12 stick box. I pressed 3 sticks into a empty TOBS tub. I let sit out and it has turned into a hard soap. It seems like no matter how much I use it it does not show wear.

Rasputin...those are three of my favorites. But I really love to combine Arko with Turkish Kolonya.

How is the Pereja? I just asked in the aftershave section about different Turkish ones. I'd like to have a Turkish themed shave with the scent of the great lemon products.

How is the Pereja? I just asked in the aftershave section about different Turkish ones. I'd like to have a Turkish themed shave with the scent of the great lemon products.

I love it. It doesn't last long, but it's very cool and refreshing, and I like the lemony scent. My Turkish friend Mehmet keeps it in the refrigerator and uses it whenever he wants fresher hands, or to splash on his face on a hot day. I just wish it was cheaper online. I got the 100 ml bottle for six bucks at a halal store while my wife and I were visiting Rochester, NY.

Top Bottom