What's new

Cult of Arko

I'm a sliver of Tabac away from having Arko as the only shave soap in the house, unless you count a can of Barbasol that I have not used in over three years.

Well, I'm a noob in England who is supposed to have 3 sticks of Arko delivered before 8.00 p.m.. They're not here yet, and it is 7.10 pm here. Will I have to sacrifice my wife (it's her birthday) and cat (George) on a pyre in order to make the Arko arrive? On the other hand it might turn up tomorrow and all will be well. That'll do.

The Arko came and it is quite wonderful! A trial of Harry's arrived in the post today (Truman) and shaved beautifully with it. I did talk to Kirko while shaving, and quickly doused the pyre for wife and cat. Phew!

Last edited:
It certainly does.
It is my go-to soap and object of worship (obviously).
When my stick turned into a short stub that couldn't be readily gripped I dropped it into an enamel camping mug where it gets chased about with a Wilkinson Sword brush. Even better than face-lathering imho.
I love the stuff and will never be without it.
Should they stop making it I'll have to buy a vast quantity before it is all a memory.
When that's gone - Palmolive.

Update: I have just ordered more Arko. 12 sticks in a box. This will keep me going for a very long time - they may be able to wash my thrift-store shroud in it. Obviously I won't then try to put spares in non-existent pockets.
Arko makes me happy! :001_smile

8BF2C2C0-9909-444F-8D11-2A5FA826DDA4.jpeg

Something about how plane Jane Arko is makes me happy.

While I prefer my ownhome made tallow shaving soap, I could be quite happy shaving with Arko if it were the only soap around. Hard to beat easy lather that gives a really good shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Arko is one great soap. I grated a stick into a puck and it is a really slick soap and the smell is not so bad either.

Just read a thread where several posters were complaining about the scent of Arko.

My reaction; I was stimulated to go shave with Arko. My only shave soap. Off to shaving right now.

Top Bottom