What's new

No guard DE?

Jeff, it was available from the BellaSheaButter vendor on Etsy. Play - I used it and didn't butcher myself... although I can see if someone uses anything but the slightest amount of pressure there could be trouble.

I'm impressed. You a straight razor user?

Nah, I am not a straight edge user. I would love to give one a go. I think I could make it work as my skin seems pretty forgiving, my whiskers soft, and my patience matches my sense of adventure. Unfortunately I have too much money tied up in the hardware I currently own. I have six more razors to unload. If I get enough from those, I have dreams of a WD silvertip butterscotch, and paying DE to replate my slim. When and if I get to that point, will I started dreaming/planning on a straight and a strop.

Hey guys! After hanging out at Feather Artist Club I came back to the devette this morning with a GSB in it - awesome!!!
proxy.php

There are some beautiful high end razors out there giving incredible shaves and they really are a joy to use but for sure the devette outperforms all of them [emoji3]

3 of my devette´s.

The plastic one is/was a National Quick M112
The Schick Injector Type L, gives me very good shaves.
And the one with tree handle, seems to be a original devette.

I did put a little glue on the schick to avoid corrosion. But the material seems to be rustproof anyway.

$IMG_2857.jpg

3 of my devette´s.

I did put a little glue on the schick to avoid corrosion. But the material seems to be rustproof anyway.

View attachment 659079

I love that with wooden handle. BTW welcome to the forum!

I got the Barbe Bleue model X and have tried it a few times and managed to survive. It's definitely different. It makes a lot of noise. It some areas, it does better then my Merkur 34C, in others, not as well. It works great under my nose. One thing I didn't liek is the long handle with no knurlng.

It was impossible for me to go XTG on my upper neck, as the corner of the blade would poke my neck. So, I would do either WTG, WTG or WTG, WTG, ATG.

I managed to get a nick or two above my lips.

Interestingly, I'm way more confident when I go back to the Merkur.

3 of my devette´s.

View attachment 659079

Brilliant! Really nice to see that Schick injector "Sevette" and what is that plastic National razor.

It's so good to see the increasing popularity of the devette [emoji3]

Gytis, thanks for the welcome!
The one with wooden handle give the blade support also underneath as far as the top cap do.
And this I think make the razor easier to use. I like shaving with it.

Jeff, i find shaving with lower speed helps with the devettes, if the skin get time to pass even along the blade it is better.
I also find that the devette´s help develop my technique (as straights do to).
I think you doing right finding out different directions, use facial grimacing and stretching

mjclark, I find the plastic to be the same as the one on this picture, around 50 century. Do not know much about it. The box says “svensk tillverkad”. But is it just assembled or also moulded in Sweden….

$IMG_2863.jpg

Rootbart tech type to the right. As it had crack in the plastic bar it was obvious a devette candidate. :001_smile

Last edited:
After hanging out at Feather Artist Club I came back to the devette this morning ...

Funny you should mention that. I've been learning the Feather AC SS Japanese razor for the last couple of weeks. I'm getting to be pretty good with it. For now I'm using the devette to clean up the spots I can't get to yet with the Feather. (Funny: five years ago I was using a Mach3 to clean up the spots I couldn't get to with my EJ DE87.)

3 of my devette´s.

Very nice, stefan! The "tree handle original" is stunning. :thumbup:

Look guys! Here's a real deal Devette that somebody modified way back in the 20th Century and that I just acquired from the Bay:
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

It's a Radimi and a big heavy brass thing - shaving with this is going to be a lot of fun.

I can't even imagine the flex on that blade, scary stuff. If not Made in China, then where? You can find a photograph of the blade exposure on the major auction website. More novelty than anything else.

Here's the listing on amazon calling it a "double edge straight razor." Apparently made in Turkey. And 10 people have posted comments about their experience. I think I'll pass. I have enough trouble with mild razors, let alone something like this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/STRAIGHT-Stainless-Protective-BBNY-Sophisticated/dp/B00RMEY94A

Here's the listing on amazon calling it a "double edge straight razor." Apparently made in Turkey. And 10 people have posted comments about their experience. I think I'll pass. I have enough trouble with mild razors, let alone something like this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/STRAIGHT-Stainless-Protective-BBNY-Sophisticated/dp/B00RMEY94A

Late to the thread much?

Sorry, but your link is to the razor that started this whole thread/DEvette discussion back in 2014. Oh well. Threads often go around a full circle....

Late to the thread much?

Sorry, but your link is to the razor that started this whole thread/DEvette discussion back in 2014. Oh well. Threads often go around a full circle....

Wow. I'm still asleep. I didn't realize there was so much discussion on the subject. I saw the first few postings and didn't scroll down or even look at the dates. Sheesh. Maybe I should just call it a day and go back to sleep. At least my shave this morning was a good one. I guess I'll just hang in there and hope for the best.

Top Bottom