What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

Hi John,

Etsy.Com is worth a try, but they tend to charge higher prices...That said I have acquired a couple of nice examples from them.....The folks from the US have nick named Chinese Injector Blades as "Chicks".......Check out EU EBay sellers for Hydro models ....They seem to be plentiful from time to time and less interest in them....Schick had a manufacturing plant in Holland......:001_cool:

Billy

Augustus, I got my golden 500 off etsy if that helps.

I also used the golden 500 for the past two days and really enjoyed the shaves. Close, but not too close with my only complaint being that I nicked myself a couple times because the shave was too damn easy. If a non-injector user is reading this, give injectors a try, they truly are worth it.

Yeah, the Type G 8 that you are displaying seems to be a favourite of some folks over the other G Type Models because of the Ribbed Handle and the way it feels in the hand....Its not as attractive as the earlier G Types, but I find that it feels somewhat like a PAL Injector Handle with a Schick Head.....Lovely shavers.....:w00t::w00t:

Billy

Billy

Thanks. So far I'm liking the model J better, it seems a smoother shaver. I noticed the gap between the blade and the guard is a bit wider. That may make the difference.

Yeah,

What you are seeing is that the Comb on the Model J is set further forward and their is more of a gap on the forward horizontal plane.....This actually makes the J Model a milder and smoother shaver.....The G Type is more aggressive as the comb is sitting further back and there is more blade exposure......You will probably find that the G Type has more of a blade gap on the vertical plane, although we are talking small tolerances here.....:001_rolle

The Pal and Schick Adjustable both work on the same principle...The Mildest setting on both these models is when the Comb is fully forward causing more of a gap between the comb and the blade and less blade exposure on the horizontal plane......Conversely the opposite is true.....:w00t:

In sum then..:tongue_sm
A wider gap between the Comb and the blade on the horizontal plane usually indicates a milder shaver.....
A narrow gap between the Comb blade on the horizontal plane usually indicates a more aggressive shaver

But....:tongue_sm
A wider gap between the Comb and the blade on the vertical plane usually indicates an aggressive shaver.....
A narrow gap between the Comb and the blade on the vertical plane usually indicates a milder shaver.....

I have a Canadian Type E with a Wide Blade Gap on the Vertical Plane and its a beasty.....:lol:

Billy

Last edited:
That makes perfect sense (I think). The G, which I used for the first time today, is definitely more aggressive. Gonna have to watch my technique, my face was a bit "sting-ee" today. Thanks Billy.

Aye, that's great....:001_cool:

Blade Combinations might be a thing to consider as well....Ted Pella and Personna are the exact same blade....Personna make them and sell them to Ted Pell who then sell them on under their own brand name....The Chinese Schick Injector Blades are sharper in my opinion and are a bit smoother and more user friendly....:001_rolle

Billy

My most recent injector acquisition .
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435288293.486646.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435288317.373687.jpg

Lady Eversharp Beauty Razors....:tongue_sm
proxy.php

And the Silver Blue Handled One....:tongue_sm
proxy.php

My two Ladies Eversharp Beauty Razors arrived in the post this morning...These are short handled Type K 3 versions of the earlier Long Handled Type K 2 Models and are somewhat rare and hard to find....In fact, I have never seen these before....They are as rare as hens teeth.....The Ladies Eversharp Beauty K 3 is the cut down handle model for a Compact Case Set......These have the Hydro Magic Heads and lever function to open for cleaning...They came with two packs of X 4 NOS Schick Krona Blades.....Cant be bad at that...:w00t:

One has a Silver Hydro Head and the other has a Golden Hydro Head......I gave these razors the cleaning treatment and they are both sitting in Mint Condition.....If the seller had sold these as NOS there would have been no argument....These are so Kinky...:blink:

Four Pass Shaving Routine.....:w00t:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Lady Eversharp Type K 3 Beauty Razor
NOS Schick Krona Injector Blade (New)
Semogue 1438 Boar Brush
Super Max Classic Shaving Cream ( Added Hemp Oil )
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Dr Organic Aloe Vera Skin Lotion

I have just sat down after my maiden shave with the White Handled and Gold Headed, Lady Eversharp Type K 3 Beauty Razor ......I treated the Type K 3 Beauty Razor to an NOS Schick Krona Injector Blade and challenged it to a couple of days worth of whiskers.....This is where my Injector blade experimentation has paid dividends.....:biggrin1:

I was immediately impressed by the smoothness of this razor & blade Combo.....I am used to shaving with earlier more aggressive Schick Injectors so the Type K 3 Beauty Razor feels exceptionally Mild to me.....I found that I could be really free with this razor & blade combo.....I have heard some people saying that shaving with a Schick Injector almost feels like cheating yourself out a shave.....Well, that was my experience with the Type K 3 Beauty Razor....This razor is a "Real ***** Cat" compared to some earlier Schick Injectors....Its almost as easy to use as a Modern High Tech Cartridge Shaving System.....:w00t:

I can understand why the Hydro Magic is so popular.....They are so user friendly.....I have got to say that I am impressed with the efficiency of the Hydro Magic Head, Mild or not it offered me the "Quickest & Fastest Four Pass Shave of my Life"...... I was "Moving like Grease Lightening".....John Travolta hasn't a Look in here....The Lady Eversharp Type K 3 Beauty Razor offered me a wonderfully Smooth Irritation Free All Over BBS Result.....I really enjoyed the shave tonight with this razor.....What a wonderful freedom of expression with this razor & blade combo......:lol:

The Lady Eversharp Type K 3 Beauty Razor never missed a Whisker.....

The Eversharp Beauty Razor is a Real ***** Cat for the Ladies if you get my drift....:001_cool:

Billy

Last edited:
Top Bottom