What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

This E type I acquired recently, a complete set in very good condition. So I now have 3, an E a G and the PAL. I would like to get a "500" if I can find a nice one.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 177
Aye, the PAL Injectomatics are very underestimated Whisker Whackers, almost a secret.....Ignorance is Bliss ........Keeps the prices down.....Shooooooosh ! :w00t::w00t:

Last edited:
I have a G type and it works very well. I would like to get one of the newer adjustable ones, either the PAL or a Schick. I have been spreading my focus between DE, SE, Rolls Razor, SR and the single injector that I have. So, acquiring that adjustable injector hasn't happened yet.

The PAL adjustable is an excellent shaving tool....An outstanding piece of engineering even by todays standards.....I like to keep mine on the High Setting when I am not using it......When the PAL is on its High Setting there is no tension on the Spring Mechanism as the Guard/Comb is fully back to its most aggressive setting....This should keep the spring in good working order.......Some people get confused with the settings on these razors......:001_cool:

There is no mystery here.....On the High Setting the Comb is fully back and offering the most blade exposure..........It would appear that a lot of negative reviews on them have been unduly picked up and repeated in Forums without the person ever having used them and that's gave them a bad reputation........

There was a guy somewhere from another Forum said that he had handled over a hundred of them through buying and selling them and that he had Never Come across a Defective PAL Adjustable that hadn't been broken through User Misuse and or Damaged through getting knocked about .....He reckoned that a part of the reason that they never really caught on was because they were away ahead of their time and that the average citizen wasn't intelligent enough to use them....... :lol:

WEE TIP......
If your PAL Adjustable comes without a Blade it is advisable to load in a Second Blade to Eject the First One......The Heads in the PAL Adjustable are generally far tighter than Schick's...... When loading an empty razor the Blade will run along the blade stops and render it unusable.......

Enjoy.....:001_rolle

Last edited:
The PAL Adjustable is amazing. I love mine and it's easy to get BBS results by adjusting between passes as needed. I love my Schicks too. I have two type E2's (one has a spring that opens for cleaning), a type E3, type G, type I1, Hydro-Magic, and type J1. Eventually I'd like to collect all types. Aces!

proxy.php

Last edited:
I just had my first shave with my PAL Adjustable with a Chinese Schick Injector Blade......I must say that I am seriously impressed with how these perform in PAL Injectomatics...I find these blades to be very sharp and really smooth performers......I find these blades to be very forgiving and that they allow me to use some pressure without any irritation or biting........I am never aware of any feeling of cold steel anyway near my face......

If I was in a situation where I had to choose one razor and blade combination to shave with for life ......The Pal Adjustable/Schick Blade Combo would just about fit the Bill.......:w00t::w00t:

Last edited:
My best "PAL" Great looking, just came in yesterday, I'll give it a run tomorrow. :001_cool:

Just remember to hold the handle of the Pal Adjustable at a lower angle than you usually do, and you should do well.

This is because if you look closely the angle of the blade is slightly different than the angle of the head that rides on one's face.

Last edited:
As I posted in another thread, I just got a Pal adjustable, and it is spectacular! I can't wait to start (literally) dialing it in for optimal performance.

1. Type N2 bought in the 1980's
  2. Type E3 butterscotch handle and case ("Made in Canada") bought today in a flee market for 10$

I will shave with the E3 in a few days.

Last edited:
The Type E 2s are to the best of my knowledge all made in the USA.....I own 3 different models of the USA made Type E2....The early Type E 2s were designed to open for cleaning the same as the Type E 1s ....The difference between them is that the Type E 1 has a flat spring as does the earlier Type D that I own as well.....All the Type E 2s have round springs with lugs on either side.....:w00t:

The second Type E 2s that were manufactured in the USA was the exact same as the first one except that it has a locking Tab on the left side of the spring to prevent it from opening....

The third Type E 2 that were manufactured in the USA in 1941 and says as much on the back of the case.....The top neck side of the Type E 2 1941 is flat and has round circles inscribed into it instead of being raised as the earlier models.....The Type E 2 1941 was also the first Type E to have a centred spring with a Locking Tab in the middle...The spring sits off to the left on the previous models...:w00t:

All the Type E 2 have a SMOOTH COMB....This was changed when they brought out the Type E 3 which had a ridged comb....The Type E 4 can be identified as having the lugs removed from the side of the spring the same as the later Type Gs'.....:tongue_sm

I have a number of Canadian Type Es' and they all have "Made in Canada" stamped on them and they are the hardest to otherwise identify because there are various models as they vary in terms of aggressiveness'....That said....all the Canadian made Type Es' that I own or have seen all have RIDGED COMBS ......

I see very few Type Es' that are accurately described on EBay even by sellers that specialize in selling them.....

The USA Type Es' were all replaced in 1946 by the Type G 1, but the Canadian Type Es' continued well after that...Some of the Canadian Type Es' are the most aggressive of all the Type Es' that were ever made.....:001_cool:

Billy

Last edited:
Just scored an I off Ebay. So now I've got a E,G,E and generic L. I am seriously considering going to only injector shaving and pulling out my SEs occasionally. Can't beat the efficiency and maneuverability of them.

I really like my Schick injectors. When I wanted a great shave, for my Wedding day, I used the Schick G. (not my Krona, or SS, or Lord....

Would you be able to identify these injector razors?$DSC_0744.jpgThe one second from the left has the open sided spring. The other 3 are made in Canada.
I can't figure out the differences in E1, E2, E3 etc. Love the shave with these. You guys were right!
Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I will try to the best of my knowledge....Coincidently, I have all four of these in my collection.....Nice wee collection you have here, lovely condition....:001_rolle

PLEASE NOTE....
As far as I know, there is no way to identify Different Canadian Type Es' by model as the USA E Types....
I will offer the differences in the aggressiveness of the Canadian Type Es' to the best of my knowledge with reference to my own collection.. :thumbup1:

The second one on the left is a Schick Type G 1....They were first manufactured in 1946 and replaced the USA Made Type Es'...It should have two number's on the left side of the spring.....The Canadian Type Es' were continued well after the USA Type Es' were discontinued ....

The first one from the left is a Canadian Type E with a seamed handle the same as the later G type 1....Some people misunderstand this and thing that there was some sort of mismatch going on with heads and handles during a transition period from the Schick Repeating Razor Company to the take over by Ever Sharp.... Not true....The Seamed handled Canadian E Types were being produced well before the Ever Sharp take over......The earlier ones had Schick Injector embossed into the rear of the spring......The later ones had Ever sharp embossed into the rear of the spring....I find that this Model is the second most aggressive of the 3 Canadian Type Es' that you are displaying.... :w00t:

The third Canadian E Type on the left is as far as I can tell the equivalent of a USA Made Type E 3 in terms of aggressiveness and having an identical head and comb etc....This model is the least aggressive of the models you are displaying in my experience....

The Black Handled Canadian E Type that I have is the most aggressive E Type ever made in my experience ....There was a somewhat rare USA Made Black Handled E Type 5 that was made, but I don't know how aggressive that was compared to the Canadian one as they are hard to find.....They did not make them long before the change over to the Type G 1....Whether, the Black Handled Canadian made Model is the equivalent to the USA Made Type E 5, I wouldn't know, but I doubt it.....:w00t:

SOME FINAL COMMENTS THAT MAY HELP
To the best of my knowledge some of the Canadian Type Es' are more aggressive than the USA Made E Types....The USA made E 1 had a smooth comb and flat spring and opened for cleaning and the E 2 was changed to a rounded spring and also opened for cleaning and also had a smooth comb....The later Type E 2 did not open and there was a 1941 Type E 2 with a flat neck and circles embossed into it ......The type E 3 had a ridged comb.....All the Canadian Models to the best of my knowledge had ridge combs but varied in terms of aggressiveness......The USA made type E 4 and E 5 had the side lugs removed from the spring.....:w00t:

If you look closely at the blade gap between the comb on your Canadian Models you will notice that some have a bigger blade gap and more of a blade exposure than others....This does determine how aggressive or mild they will perform......As far as I know all the USA Made Type Es' were the same in terms of aggressiveness, although they feel slightly different because of variant comb designs.....I cant speak of the later USA Made Black Handled type E 5 as I have not got one..... :001_cool:

I hope this helps

Billy

Last edited:
Thanks Billy! I will look closely at the other side of each razor to find the details that you talked about.
I also have a J2, which was easy to identify.

I'm looking for a Hydro-Magic and an E that opens. Hard to find on that internet site and I always seem to lose out.
Know of any other sources? I never see injectors on the B/S/T forum? How's that?

I started with Gillette DE's and have a good collection and also a pretty good selection of blades.
I got 5 packs of the yellow Schick injector blades or "Chicks"? Did I get that right?
I love the smoothness of the shave. I now have the dilemma of which razor to use every morning. I read here somewhere a member said he wished he needed to shave more often, HA!

Of course now I have RAD for injectors. They have this simple Art Deco design and functionality to them that I enjoy.
Any help in directing me to some of the razors I mentioned would be great.
Thanks again.
John

Top Bottom