What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

If it is the razor "you must have", I'd say 300 bucks not too much.
For me, "patent pending" 1914 is more beautiful and elegant than that hefty piece of metal.
I really think 1912 style head kind of silly and 1924 head style kind of dull.

Last edited:
I did a little bit more research about the seller and he allways seems to get top prices for his razors, and there are differing views on how he achieves his prices. I have 2 sets and paid a total price of £50/$75 for both, and allthough they are nice shavers i have other razors that shave equaly well.

I just cannot imagine that these razors are that much better than others in the SE array....The shaves that I have gotten from the 20-30 SE razors that I have are fantastic...and I got them all for not a whole lot more than the price that these razors are fetching.

I just cannot imagine that these razors are that much better than others in the SE array....The shaves that I have gotten from the 20-30 SE razors that I have are fantastic...and I got them all for not a whole lot more than the price that these razors are fetching.

I think they are higher quality due to the heft and plating, but I don't think they necessarily shave better.

I think they are higher quality due to the heft and plating, but I don't think they necessarily shave better.
You are absolutely correct. A Damaskeene will shave you equally as well. It's just become a status piece for SE shavers/collectors. As far as that listing goes, I am reminded of the old saying...A fool and his money are soon parted. ;)

Last edited:
I don't think that I have ever seen this razor before. I haven't taken the foray into SE's yet though. It is a beautiful looking razors thats for sure. I guess now I have to check the vintage/antiques stores for these too.

I dont think you guys are right 100%.

Are the ones on the more inexpensive correctly identified? If they arent, then i dont know if i woukd present that as 'market' value.

And as far as SE shaves go, the streamline/jewel is really really smooth compared to the ommc and 1912 that I've tried. Maybe its the weight or head, not sure, but its definitely different and i preferred it when trying out SEs

Its not unlike shaving in general, where a whole host of razors can generally result in a great shave.

I Dont think that one is go bad of a price. I got mine over a year ago and paid close to that price. But it did come with the outer Shipper Box and Strap still in its original plastic "Never Opened" All of it's Blades. Here are some pics.

Honestly since CFM was Selling i thought it would of gone for alot more, This complete set is Decently priced IMO.

Attachments

• $DSC01255.jpg
    $DSC01255.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 139
  • $DSC01256.jpg
    $DSC01256.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 140
  • $DSC01261.jpg
    $DSC01261.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 142
  • $DSC01262.jpg
    $DSC01262.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 144
  • $DSC01273.jpg
    $DSC01273.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 141
I got rid of both of mine. I am not a collector and found them severely lacking as a shaver. The 1912's eat them up as a serious shaving tool.

Top Bottom