What's new

The Enabling/Enablers' Thread

Have pity on a newbie. Just tell me which ones to buy, and I'll buy them instead. You can live vicariously through my purchases...! :wink2:

I'm forced to take a sabbatical. I grabbed an antique gold filled Waterman Ideal, circa 1910, for my father. After snagging something like that, I need to ride the high for as long as possible.

As for cheaper Watermans on eBay, you can get Allures that aren't labeled in the description for between $20-30 easily. With some more searching, you can even get a Waterman Agora (similarly unmarked) in the same price range. Both models are from the 80s/90s and are no longer being made, but they write like butter.

I got the joke, I just immediately turned it into a chance to enable. Watermans get no love here in the Nib.

A Phileas was the first pen recommended to me by one of our fine members back in the days when the Nib first opened. I think many here have their favorites to like or dislike, Waterman just never rises to the level of fanaticism or contempt. A humble journeyman of a pen.

I love and use the few modern Waterman pens I have. They're all from the '90s and early 2000s. I acquired them several years ago, so I don't talk about them much.

Vintage. Waterman Ideal and the like.

-Andy

Most of my Watermans are from the 80s and 90s, as I'm working my way back (slowly) to the 1900s.

I kind of got side-tracked from my original goal of collecting at wide range of manufacturers.......... very side-tracked.

Most of my Watermans are from the 80s and 90s, as I'm working my way back (slowly) to the 1900s.

I kind of got side-tracked from my original goal of collecting at wide range of manufacturers.......... very side-tracked.

That's happened to me twice with three different manufacturers over the years. Waterman is a great one to get sidetracked with.

-Andy

I use a very Vintage Waterman Ideal a lot! If I didn't love the swirled pattern on the Pelikans fromt he 90's I could have seen myself getting more Watermans. There is still time. Just not at the moment.

My Ideal is old... I can't put a year to it. I think it has a non-original cap to it too but it works and it writes nice. The flex is amazing and I'm having a hard time adjusting to dip pens nibs because the nib on the Ideal flexes so much easier- and wider but it doesn't go as fine...

Wanted to enable some of you that think Iroshizuku inks are too expensive.

Yes, they ARE expensive when you buy them in the US, mostly due to taxes, duties, etc. If you buy them directly from Japan, they're literally half price: $15-17 each. More than most brands, but a far sight better than $30 each.

There's a seller on eBay named engeika, a lot of you have bought Sailors from them. If you buy four inks, you get charged a flat rate of $15 to ship all of them instead of being charged extra for each additional bottle. I picked some up but did not get the option to combine shipping. I messaged engeika and they took care of everything quickly.

Top Bottom