What's new

What Are You Reading?

Just finishing "John Dies at the End" by David Wong. Lovecraft meets Burroughs but written by the senior editor of Cracked. Great read.

A Night of Long Knives, by Rebecca Cantrell. Novel set in 1934 Germany. Meticulously accurate in detail, right down to describing one man's AS/cologne as "citrus and musk." As revealed in the glossary of her first novel, A Trace of Smoke, it is none other than the one we know as 4711.

Just finished "Pest Control" by Bill Fitzhugh.

I dont even recall how it got into my library queue, but I did enjoy it. A funny little ibook about how a down-on-his-luck exterminator gets accidentally mistaken for a world class assassin

The Prague Cemetary
by Umberto Eco

So far so good. Talk about historical fiction! Apparently everything that happens in the book is true except for the protagonist, who is the only fictitious part of the novel. One of my favorite authors.

proxy.php

That is a pretty spot on description! Great, interesting, whacked-out read. Have you read "This Book is Full of Spiders" by Wong yet?

Just finishing "John Dies at the End" by David Wong. Lovecraft meets Burroughs but written by the senior editor of Cracked. Great read.

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Seen the musical, waiting to see the new movie, decided why not read the book!

I need to find a copy of that. I've been hearing a lot about the movie; I've met the director (Don Coscarelli).
It's great! Finished it in a couple of days. Coscarelli is one if my heros! If anyone could pull the movie off it would be him!

Edski, I just started "This Book is Full of Spiders"(my wife's nook preview) I'm loving it! G.I. Joe driving an armored car!?! I think my wife is getting me the book for Xmas so I'm impatiently waiting.

The Prague Cemetary
by Umberto Eco

So far so good. Talk about historical fiction! Apparently everything that happens in the book is true except for the protagonist, who is the only fictitious part of the novel. One of my favorite authors.

He's one of my favorites as well. I need to pick this book up.

I'm currently reading Jeffrey Archer, Paths to Glory. A highly fictionalized account of George Mallory on Everest. It is okay.

Still working my way through Wired For War, but took yesterday and read "In The Pleasure Groove", by John Taylor of Duran Duran. Interesting read about one of my favorite bassists!!

Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
Ernest Hemingway - A Farewell to Arms (can't stand it)
Frank Herbert - Dune Messiah
Cormac McCarthy - Blood Meridian
Jack D. Hunter - The Blue Max.

Just finished Tom Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities, and Michael Shaara's The Killer Angels.

I've got a bad habit of starting a book and then not sticking to it...

Top Bottom