What's new

What Are You Reading?

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter--Very good. Who would have thought.

I enjoyed it as well, the movie wasn't bad either.

$13533740.jpg

I picked up Sojan the Swordsman/Under the Warrior Star over a year ago from Lansdale and I'm just now am getting around to reading it. It's signed by both authors. I have numerous books signed by Lansdale, so was quite thrilled to get one signed by Moorcock...not that I'm a huge fan, but this guy collaborated with Lemmy back in the day. How cool is that?

$PZO8029_500.jpg

Attachments

• $lansdale-moorcock.gif
    $lansdale-moorcock.gif
    417 bytes · Views: 149
Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Confessions of St. Augustine, in preparation for City of God. Been awhile since I read any theology, usually its politics.

Le Petit Prince (French and English translation) as I prep for a trip to Paris. Ou est Planet Rasoire, s'il vous plait? Je voudrais Martin de Candre savon a barbe. Merci beaucoup!

Last edited:
About two-thirds my way through The Guermantes Way by Proust. I've never had a problem with his thin (non-existent?) plots but I will say I'm glad to see this one gaining some traction when it comes to keeping things interesting.

Just finished a re-read of The Hobbit, which I haven't seen since I was a kid, probably a good 25 years ago. Great read, a ton I forgot about too. Wanted to get a refresher in so if I get to see the movie, I can whine and complain and make unfair comparisons to the book. Just kidding, I hate when people do that. Looking forward to the movie anyhow. :thumbup:

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. :thumbup1:

In about 30 minutes I'm going to pick it up from Chapters and dig into it, going to order out for dinner because I know I won't be able to pay attention to cooking and Tarmon Gaidon at the same time!

I picked up Batman: Captured By the Engines by Joe Lansdale back in October. I've been trying to get a copy for several years, but didn't want to pay $150. I managed to snag a copy during a half-price sale.

Just finished the first chapter. A guy is run over by a car, leg is cut off, and some kid finds the leg, then proceeds to beat the poor dude with his own leg, then robs him of his money and shoes. Crazy.

#152 of 500 copies

$Borderland Press- Batman Captured by the Engines.jpg

I picked up Batman: Captured By the Engines by Joe Lansdale back in October. I've been trying to get a copy for several years, but didn't want to pay $150. I managed to snag a copy during a half-price sale.

Just finished the first chapter. A guy is run over by a car, leg is cut off, and some kid finds the leg, then proceeds to beat the poor dude with his own leg, then robs him of his money and shoes. Crazy.

#152 of 500 copies
I do love a good twisted Batman story.

I was able to finish the Prologue and first chapter of A Memory of Light between calls from telemarketers, pizza dinner, and a few beers... I could most likely read all night but then work would suck... Damn you adult responsibilities!

Top Bottom