What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I saw eastern promises last night, by david kronenberg, and at the start of the film a chap is sitting waiting for a shave, the barber pulls out a straight, and you get a great shot of the razor, shinning blade, even the name engraved on the handle, then the barber proceeds to cut the chaps head of with the straight, well it was by kronenberg:lol:

thats imposible to do.:lol::lol::lol:

I like to watch TCM Channel often. Many old time shaving scenes on there. Yesterday , I watched City Of Conquest with James Cagney , filmed in 1940. Shows a close up of a mug filled with soapy lather and then shaving with a straight.

loved james in YANKEE DOODLE DANDY....:thumbup1:

Hey Alex I haven't been in this section for a bit and didn't know this thread was going. I was watching A Single Man just a while ago and Colin Firth shaves with an open comb NEW (?) 4 mins in.

I already posted in General Discussion before I came and found this thread because I though it belonged better there
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=157401

Saw this movie tonight and yelled out, "Hey! I've got that razor!" :laugh:

i'm sure Battlestar Galactica has been mentioned. I'm mentioning it again because I recall an episode in season 4 where Helo is lathering his face with a brush, but of course, it looks like he's doing a ****-poor job of it and it essentially just looks like soap on his face rather than foamy/lathery goodness

i'm sure Battlestar Galactica has been mentioned. I'm mentioning it again because I recall an episode in season 4 where Helo is lathering his face with a brush, but of course, it looks like he's doing a ****-poor job of it and it essentially just looks like soap on his face rather than foamy/lathery goodness

true, they had a low budget by then , i think they even did some studio work in canada to save tax money..:thumbup1:

He's using a 7am blade. The reason I speculate Parker, is the TTO knob just below the head looks like a Parker.

The Wall sure was a depressing movie, and had one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard.
And, it looks like a Brit Aluminum handled ball end tech.

Last edited:
Top Bottom