What's new

February 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

SOTD February 18th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends!

Today we celebrate the first day of Carnival, this Roman festivity that Brazilians mixed with Portuguese, African and indigenous culture and created this wonderful melting pot that exists around here.

For this day, I chose for shaving a German razor, a Japanese blade, a Portuguese brush, a Turkish soap, a Brazilian alum block and an American AS. I participated in this trip along with my great friends Ben and Coleman.

Have a happy day and great shave!
❤️ 🪒

05A39959-5308-4EAC-BF3F-C5BE9419B7AB.jpeg

40E6BECE-D0B2-468C-805A-B09377923507.jpeg

2-18-23 Sat. Noonish

SWS: 7 of 52
FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Gamechanger 68sb
Blade: Nacet (3)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Pre: Proraso blue cream

Face was feeling much better after Thursdays debacle of a shave.

Today ended with DFS++ after 3 careful passes

Be well
Jay

Date19.02.2023
365 days of shaving50/365 (100%)
GRUYERE50/365 (100%)
GRUME February19/28 (100%)
02/12 (100%)
Other participations
  • Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
  • Discovery Blade Adventure
  • One Blade in February (OBiF)

Passes3
XWTGCheeks: N-S
Neck: N-S
WXTGCheeks L: W-E
Cheeks R: E-W
Neck: S-N
XATGCheeks: S-N
Neck: S-N (slanted)

RazorBladeBrush
Swing
on Lasta Red Handle
Tiger Platinum (6)Razorock Plissoft 400
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashDutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash

EfficiencyQuality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS++)8/10 (Smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in!

Never too old to learn. I transferred the blade to the Swedish Swing, my last acquisition of 2022. And boy did it do justice to its name! A fanatic shave followed with the razor making the blade feel like almost new. And three passes later I am very close to BBS. Superb shave!

Enjoy you shave today!

It's Carnival over here in Germany as well.
Sure, due to having young kids participation in Carnival is mandatory.

My costume looks like the dress of Clint Eastwood in one of his western movies... thus no shave today, either.🤣
I'll shave off tomorrow.
Cheers, Amigos!🤣😎

Last edited:
Synthetic Sundays!!!
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE, 365 Shaves, Fruity February & OBIF

PXL_20230218_171345204.jpg
RR Hawk
Feather DX
Artist Club blades (#7 & #19)
Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Orange essential oil
Omega Evo 2.o

The Hawk razor exposes the edge of the blade quite a bit. I get above average audio feedback when using it. Todays goal was to reduce the feedback by refining my 'no pressure' technique to the extreme. The blade glided quietly and smoothly with the blade on it's 19th outing. I did the same extreme no pressure technique with the DX. All it took was two passes.

The Body Shop soap is no slouch. It was super hydrated and super slick. It has "Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract" (cucumber) in it but I added a couple drops of orange essential oil just to be safe with the Fruity February crowd. The orange extract really did brighten my mood.

I am really surprised how these Feather blades are holding up. I stropped both blades about 20 laps on my biceps.
Thanks to LJ, @LJBraaten for the stropping idea and Guido, @JAHE for the essential oil scheme to make any soap "fruity".

Please take care of yourself...and each other.

First shave with the WR2 1.25 SB. Yesterday it arrived in the mail and I patiently let it sit until this morning's shave. This was my only purchase exception for this year's GRUYERE as I was on the build list since November 5th.

Loaded up a Bic Chrome Platinum.it easily cut three days of growth. It's tough to compare it to my WR1 .86 OC after only one shave. Smooth and easy this morning.

20230219_093843.jpg

Top Bottom