sotd 3-2

Blackland razors Vector SS SB
Schick Proline P (6)
Mühle Silver Tip Fibre M
Stirling Sheep
Balea Sensitive ASB
Calvin Klein Man edt

proxy.php

Gunna send a Bat signal out to the one and only @rbscebu for his input, I'm sure he can help.

I have use a little rubber pad for my carts but thats pretty much all the stropping I personally do.

Here is one video showing holding the blade, still looking for the POV one

OK, now you guys did it!
Now I AM interested in stropping with a real strop!
Question: would a "real" leather strop work good for the Feather DX (The DX has more blade exposure than the SS model)

With that said, I would have to make a trade with someone in order to stay in restraint-which I intend to do.

Question: would a "real" leather strop work good for the Feather DX (The DX has more blade exposure than the SS model)
Work yes, benefit maybe. Even with experience, I would worry about how the blade would land during the flip. This is why I recommended making a denim strop, I know that I have used it on one before. Now what you can do that is recommended is get somebody to donate a dull straight to you and you can practice the stropping process on the spine. Since it’s not usable for shaving, it shouldn’t count against you? If you want to go this route, you should make an introductory post over on the straight razor forum. I am trying to be really careful that I don’t share anything with you that wasn’t shared from there in the past.

I would have to make a trade with someone in order to stay in restraint-which I intend to do.

Work yes, benefit maybe. Even with experience, I would worry about how the blade would land during the flip. This is why I recommended making a denim strop, I know that I have used it on one before. Now what you can do that is recommended is get somebody to donate a dull straight to you and you can practice the stropping process on the spine. Since it’s not usable for shaving, it shouldn’t count against you? If you want to go this route, you should make an introductory post over on the straight razor forum. I am trying to be really careful that I don’t share anything with you that wasn’t shared from there in the past.
I just re-read the rules on page 1 of this thread and realized trades are not allowed in the yearly sabbatical...So I am going to stick with the idea of making my own denim strop.

Ned
When you return home it would be nice to see a pic of your homemade strop...and thanks for the help and info!

I just re-read the rules on page 1 of this thread and realized trades are not allowed in the yearly sabbatical...So I am going to stick with the idea of making my own denim strop.

Ned
When you return home it would be nice to see a pic of your homemade strop...and thanks for the help and info!
Hi,

You can trade - on the BST. And Stay In. It's not you can't trade while in the restraint. It's you can't trade within the thread of the restraint. You can point to a trade in the BST here. Hopefully someone in the restraint will pop over to the BST to help out.

Stan

You joke, but if you go to the fabric store now and get some denim, you can make a home made strop and learn how to use it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it helped if you use it after every shave! If buying craft supplies isn’t allowed then I would attempt an escape. :devil:
Or a piece from an old pair of blue jeans (dungarees for you on the East Coast). Better yet, an old leather belt, especially one with a rough side, and a smooth side. Start with a rough side, finish with the smooth. One of the nice things about a belt is, you can hook the buckle on something and stretch it out like a real strop.

OK, now you guys did it!
Now I AM interested in stropping with a real strop!

With that said, I would have to make a trade with someone in order to stay in restraint-which I intend to do.
See above. A belt is about a as good a strop as you can get.

Top Bottom