What's new

The biggest lie in traditional shaving

Wet-shaving is far, far cheaper than cartridge shaving. Don't confuse it with collecting.

Collecting is a totally different endeavor and must be compared to other collectibles...........,
In over six decades of wet shaving, I've only owned six DE razors, four of which I still have, and use.
I've never used a cart, mainly because I get a terrible case of sticker shock when passing through the men's grooming department. :scared:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Some soaps lather better than others. Dial, Irish Spring and Dove lather well; an Irish Spring/Dove blend is best.
I used my wife's "Oil of Olay" in the shower this weekend to trim around the grey squirrel that died on my face.

I was impressed by the shave. It must not be a detergent, or if it is it has some kind of fat in it. It's also boring, as it is "fragrance free."

I will have to try mixing it up with some "Brut" bar soap.

Oh! The risks I take with my incredibly handsome face! I'm ALL IN for science though doggone.

I used my wife's "Oil of Olay" in the shower this weekend to trim around the grey squirrel that died on my face.
Oh! The risks I take with my incredibly handsome face! I'm ALL IN for science though doggone.

Grey squirrel, Dave? Hmm.....I wonder how that got there. :a49:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef

I was impressed by the shave. It must not be a detergent, or if it is it has some kind of fat in it. It's also boring, as it is "fragrance free."

I will have to try mixing it up with some "Brut" bar soap.

When one is as handsome as you are do they need to seek out the finest grey squirrel or will any old squirrel do?
greysquirrel.jpg

I managed over a decade with one brush, one razor, and only TOBS and proraso for software, so I definitely saved money. Then I rediscovered this forum….
I did the same and saved money over the past decade. However, based on my recent purchases, I'll need only to purchase blades for the next five years to break even!

Proraso products aren’t expensive, and the savings from using DE blades are substantial.

This gets expensive when we try to buy whole webstores looking for the Holy Grail, and soon after throw everything away out of boredom.

Top Bottom