What's new

Bob Barker Was Right!

Most of us know how Bab Barker would close his shows, "Spay or neuter your pet". Well I'm here to tell you, boy was he right! I was doing some organizing in my den today, & I discovered those rascally boars are reproducing maniacs!

The story: I was curious quite some time ago how a boar brush was different than a badger or synthetic. So I acquired this single specimen:
View attachment 1426220

Shortly after I consulted the brain-trust here on B & B about another brush & was directed to the Mondial. That's where I made my mistake folks. Those brushes should have been spayed or neutered the moment they arrived at my house. I was foolish & here's the result:
View attachment 1426223

Do or don't make the same mistake, but I'm telling you now you can't put two of them together without consequences!!!

BE WARNED
Now about that Omega 10077 you sent me a couple months back...

This one is about the most comfortable boar brush I own after one shave. I will continue to use it every other day for a while to see how good it is after it's fully broken in. Normally with a boar brush I would continue to break in for a couple of weeks before taking it to my face. Again, this one is pretty good already. I hope you enjoy yours as well.
So a special break in procedure other than just using it? If there is a break-in thread I will find it...unless someone directs me.

Now about that Omega 10077 you sent me a couple months back...
I hope you're enjoying it. But be careful, if you have another boar in the same neighborhood you might end up with a gaggle of boars before you know it!
So a special break in procedure other than just using it? If there is a break-in thread I will find it...unless someone directs me.
With the Omega Premium Jade, it's generally regarded as a brush with a long break in period. I estimate I used mine 40 - 50 times before it turned into the most wonderful boar brush I've ever used. Now I'll always have an Omega PRemium Jade in my den.

I hope you're enjoying it. But be careful, if you have another boar in the same neighborhood you might end up with a gaggle of boars before you know it!

With the Omega Premium Jade, it's generally regarded as a brush with a long break in period. I estimate I used mine 40 - 50 times before it turned into the most wonderful boar brush I've ever used. Now I'll always have an Omega PRemium Jade in my den.
The only one I have so far but just to be safe I'll keep it segregated! Thanks for the tip!! :thumbup:

My process with a boar brush is to palm/hand lather when new with a drop or 2 ofPalmolive dish soap followed by a palm lather with shaving soap. That usually gets rid of most of the piggy odor.

After initial cleaning of a boar brush, I palm lather with shave soap every other day until it is sufficiently broken in for my face. Boar bristles generally will lead to brush burn when brand new face-lathering. That's why I was so impressed with this Omega 011842 Jade Boar brush so early in the process. It already feels very comfortable face lathering.

I find this interesting. I can't wait to see where mine ends up once it's fully broken in, since I found mine to be very comfortable from the 1st shave. This is the 1st boar brush I've had like that. The others have needed somewhere between 2-4 weeks to get anywhere close to this. Omega and Semogue are the only boar brushes I own. I've been tempted by Zenith boars but haven't picked any up.

Are the tips of the knot in the Omega Premium Jade 011842 treated/bleached? They appear to me as though they have been treated somehow at least the tips.

The only one I have so far but just to be safe I'll keep it segregated! Thanks for the tip!! :thumbup:
I thought mine were isolated well enough.
Just like Mogwai, something strange happens after midnight where 1 mysteriously becomes 3, which quickly evolve into 6...

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have never seen a boar give birth to another boar. You have some very talented swine. :lol:

Just like Mogwai, something strange happens after midnight where 1 mysteriously becomes 3, which quickly evolve into 6...
Yes, that's exactly how it happens!
I have never seen a boar give birth to another boar. You have some very talented swine. :lol:
They are highly intelligent creatures. I've even caught them teaching each other "This little piggy went to market"!

I find this interesting. I can't wait to see where mine ends up once it's fully broken in, since I found mine to be very comfortable from the 1st shave. This is the 1st boar brush I've had like that. The others have needed somewhere between 2-4 weeks to get anywhere close to this. Omega and Semogue are the only boar brushes I own. I've been tempted by Zenith boars but haven't picked any up.

Are the tips of the knot in the Omega Premium Jade 011842 treated/bleached? They appear to me as though they have been treated somehow at least the tips.
There have been numerous threads discussing the likelihood that the Omega Premium Jade is unbleached. I believe it is unbleached but have no documentation proving it. The tips on my Premium Jades are not treated or bleached. I am a big fan of the Zenith boar brushes, especially the larger knots. My personal favorite Zenith brushes are the unbleached olivewood handle, then the unbleached white plastic handle, then the larger knot bleached brushes.

Most of us know how Bab Barker would close his shows, "Spay or neuter your pet". Well I'm here to tell you, boy was he right! I was doing some organizing in my den today, & I discovered those rascally boars are reproducing maniacs!

The story: I was curious quite some time ago how a boar brush was different than a badger or synthetic. So I acquired this single specimen:
View attachment 1426220

Shortly after I consulted the brain-trust here on B & B about another brush & was directed to the Mondial. That's where I made my mistake folks. Those brushes should have been spayed or neutered the moment they arrived at my house. I was foolish & here's the result:
View attachment 1426223

Do or don't make the same mistake, but I'm telling you now you can't put two of them together without consequences!!!

BE WARNED

The B&B boar!
Great memories (yes I am that old and have been on B&B forever)

I should have one of those in blue.
Wonder where it is now.
I'll find it and use it tomorrow.

My process with a boar brush is to palm/hand lather when new with a drop or 2 ofPalmolive dish soap followed by a palm lather with shaving soap. That usually gets rid of most of the piggy odor.

After initial cleaning of a boar brush, I palm lather with shave soap every other day until it is sufficiently broken in for my face. Boar bristles generally will lead to brush burn when brand new face-lathering. That's why I was so impressed with this Omega 011842 Jade Boar brush so early in the process. It already feels very comfortable face lathering.
This bleached Zenith didn't have much odor even when I got it wet. I made up a lather with #63, left it to dry on the brush, soaked it for a few hours, rinsed and dried with a hair dryer while combing it out. Got a few loose strands and a few split ends on the tips and only odor I get now is the #63 so I think I'll just go ahead and start using it tomorrow and let it finish breaking in by using it. Thanks for the tip!

IMG_3437.jpeg

Oh no, there’s even a song for them! I predict an uptick in births soon. Gentlemen, protect your herds!

This is the reason why I have but one synthetic brush (Muhle STF M) and just two boars (Omega 48 and 102)

Now… badgers are a completely different story

Top Bottom