What's new

Jifuli, another Chinese blade tasting...

The post delivered 200 of these Jifuli blades yesterday afternoon along with a new Yaqi "Bohemian" stainless steel 3-piece razor.
20240106_081928.jpg

20240106_081627~2.jpg

The natural thing to do would be to slap a new Jifuli into the Bohemian, but at the last minute I decided to try the Jifuli in my Fatboy. A new blade in a new razor would not give me an accurate evaluation of either item. So the Bohemian will wait a day or so.

Prep was a shower and conditioner. Soap was RazoRock "What the Puck" Gold Label. Brush was a boar Scalpmaster. Alum and Skin Bracer.
20240106_081908~2.jpg
20240106_081959~2.jpg
20240106_082213~2.jpg

I was up against 3+ days of growth. The bristley, wiry, cantankerous whiskers of my Scottish ancestors. And I've come to believe those first two swipes on my right cheek will tell me if I have a usable blade or something for shower-shaving body hair.

Well, this was good from start to finish. This is my first try, so I will try to be restrained, but that is not my nature. Three passes and cleanup, Fatboy set on 9. No nicks or weepers, little or no irritation, but I'm inclined to give the Fatboy the credit for most of that. My recent uses of the FB are just damn good and really call into question why I bother with other razors.

Alum, witch hazel, and AS were tingly/stingy at maybe a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-10. About like what I had with a Futur and a Derby Premium recently, and I was applying pressure on this shave. I seem to be able to do that with a Fatboy without consequences, when the same pressure with a Futur, Timeless, or Gillette Old would be costly.

My price was $11.73 for 200, which was modified down by 20 cents because of discount "coins" I amassed, and a further $1.64 by "spend and save". Tax was 67 cents. So...$10.56, shipping included.

A 5 cent blade...which would very much appeal to my stingy Scottish ancestors. But I'm thinking of doing something that will have them turning in their graves. A PIF, maybe? Others stepped up to do that with the Sunekos, while I stayed in the shadows and urged my son to betray William Wallace for the sake of our lands and titles.

I'll think it over today at the gym.

Awesome, @AshleyC ! I'm awaiting your second and maybe third shaves with interest. I have to say I enjoy the artwork on the Jifuli tuck. They also sell an inexpensive razor that a few reviewers have said is aggressive and lightweight but consistent. I'll probably pick up some of these offerings the next time I have a reason to buy something else from Aliexpress or Temu.

Why do I feel like I’m standing at the edge of the rabbit hole again?

It's a little different this time. My inclination is to declare lightning in a bottle and then run up and down the hallway screaming, "Attention Kmart shoppers!!"

It is a restraint the PearlMax and Matgicols should've had, but didn't get. The PearlMax is drek and while the Matgicols are serviceable, better can be had. And the spelling of "Matgicol" makes me want to punch someone in the face. I will be quite okay with never typing the word "Matgicol" again.

But these Jifuli are quite good and are a welcome addition to my inventory, so far as it stands right now. I got BBS on my face, and call it DFS on the neck.

@AshleyC You have me collecting coins and looking at all the insane artwork on the razor boxes from China!.. wondering if any of them are good enough! Thanks to you. More blades to collect!

View attachment 1775837
Ah yes, the coins. I've got around $22 worth of those right now, but I cannot simply apply all that to one purchase.

I think I'm going to cool it for awhile on razors and blades. Part of my rationalizing the Yaqi Bohemian purchase was that I only have one stainless razor, the GameChanger. 84.

Not a solid reason to justify spending like that!

My Jifuli blades are not so colorful. I haven't looked at the carton in a while, but I'm pretty sure it's all greys and blues. I maybe have tried one. Not sure, I've had them several months.

My Jifuli blades are not so colorful. I haven't looked at the carton in a while, but I'm pretty sure it's all greys and blues. I maybe have tried one. Not sure, I've had them several months.

Perhaps China is catching on to the usefulness of commercial art in marketing?

The quality and artfulness of the tucks certainly seems to matter more to people than you'd think.

Have you had occasion to shave with one of those Jifuli?

Perhaps China is catching on to the usefulness of commercial art in marketing?

The quality and artfulness of the tucks certainly seems to matter more to people than you'd think.

Have you had occasion to shave with one of those Jifuli?

I was mistaken with my reply. I have tried the Jifuli, it was the Flydeer I haven't tried yet.

Did another shave with a Jifuli tonight. I'd done a previous shave on the original blade two days ago, but I just wasn't into it. I overdid it at the gym that afternoon and when I got out of the shower, I just wasn't feeling it. Pearl Flexi OC and Jifuli (2). I did a north-south pass and went to bed, dog tired. I'm starting to wonder if I even like the open comb Flexi...

Tonight was different. And I put a new Jifuli into my Yaqi Bohemia, on the "2" side of the baseplate. The more aggressive side.
20240106_081627~2.jpg

This Bohemia is the "raw" version, which I guess means unpolished, machined stainless steel.
20240106_081712~2.jpg

You can certainly see the cutting tool machine marks on the inside parts.
20240106_081717~2.jpg

20240106_081611~2.jpg

And she's a looker!

Prep was a shower and conditioner. Soap was RazoRock Black Label "What the Puck?", applied with a Perfecto brush. Then alum, witch hazel, and Skin Bracer.

I'd call this a medium aggressive razor. More bite than my .84 Game Changer, but with that beautiful, rounded comb, I can cruise all over with reckless abandon. The Jifuli is sharp enough for a no tug 1st Pass, and quick subsequent passes and cleanup. Two little neck weepers, soon gone, and enough sting from the alum and AS to let me know I accomplished something.

Since I started over with a new blade, it will take a few days to make an assessment of the longevity.

My impression of the Jifuli is that it's a workhorse blade to have in your inventory. If you're like me, your inventory has your stars. Med Preps and Sunekos are my high performance stuff. I have 100 Israeli Personnas in the blue and white tucks I haven't opened yet. Then blades like Sharks and Derbys. Astras. I consider these Jifulis to be like those.

Last edited:
Just awhile ago I did my second shave on the Jifuli blade I used on Wednesday. Three days growth. Shower, conditioner. Cremo Cream. And the Yaqi Bohemia.

Wow. What a spectacular degradation of performance. Very tuggy on my right cheek and after one swipe on my left, I knew I did not want to continue with this blade. I wasn't going anywhere near my neck stubble with this!

Set the Bohemia aside and finished up with a Pearl Flexi and a new Willys.

Looks like a good first shave, then dispose. I think that happened to me with Treets some years ago.

Top Bottom