What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters
I'm in 7 out the 10 voices in my head told me to join
:laugh:

Welcome to the madhouse, Dave. :punk:

Big Nurse will be around shortly:
NurseRatched-MedicationTime.jpg

I have a confession: Since joining nearly a year ago, I have been curious about the many BOSC avatars. Noticing that many members use an avatar highlighting their favorite soap/blade/razor, I always wondered "what is this BOSC" brand so many are so fond of. Hmm. Not on Google, Maggards, or Amazon. Maybe it is some exclusive artisan like Wolfman. What's with all these avatars calling out BOSC . . . BOSC . . . BOSC . . . .

I finally employed the B&B search function. I feel like the guy in the joke "I was walking one day past the mental institution . . ."

. . . All the patients were shouting "13 . . . 13 . . . 13 . . . ." I could not see over the fence, but I saw a little gap in the planks and looked through to see what was going on. Some bastard poked me in the eye with a stick. Then they all started shouting "14 . . . 14 . . . 14 . . . ."

Two more steps for full BOSC membership (as per the OP) Michael:
  • Vote Category 3
  • Post "I'm in"
  • Add BOSC to your signature
:wink2:
Ok guys, I’m in. It takes a crazy fellow to know another one and I greet my fellow friends here -Good day! A little about myself, I have a severe case of AD and haven’t successfully been able to stop (although I have been trying shortly after joining this wonderful forum about 10 years ago) Case in point is that I participated in almost every yearly sabbatical and failed every single one of them. What’s worse is when I fail, I buy more thinking I can possibly try and pass the following year. Needless to say, I have no more space for shaving gear despite having a lot of space. The gear alone is enough to fill a standard sized closet top to bottom and let’s not discuss price…. I don’t want to think about that. However I keep kidding myself thinking it’s not about any excuse, but what makes one happy is what matters most.
-Dennis

I have to admit, I have gone from a 2 to a 3 is an alarmingly short amount of time. I now have more razors and blades than I can use for the foreseeable future, I’ve just bought more, and there’s more on the list. I really don’t see a problem. Nope. Nothing to see here. It’s perfectly normal to know which company manufactures any given razor blade in some far off land. Practically common knowledge I’d say. Hasn’t everyone memorized the Gillette date codes? The Schick injector models? Certainly. No way am I crazy. No sir.

I just ordered a puck of PdP 63 just because i haven’t tried it. I have plenty of soap. Why did I do it? I think I need I my meds.
Soaps are cheaper than meds, soaps last much longer and nobody stares at me funny when I show my stash of soaps instead of variety of meds - just saying.

I no longer feel guilty about having a very strong urge to try various soaps and brushes, I enjoy the torture now :letterk1:

It'll all become easier as we stop feeling bad about the guilty pleasures of life.

What's life without living a little?

Sounds like you’re not taking your meds. Outside of fellow maniacs, a treasury of soaps is insane.

And I’m still rooting for Italian Barber to restock one more for you.
You remember the Essential Oil OF Lavender soap query!

I'm honored.

@ewk

Similar to your "experience", this is a scene from a movie.

The drunkard is repeating a number, the other person tells him to move on to the next number instead of getting stuck at number 25 (Pachhees).

You'll observe that after the "manhole" accident the drunkard has moved on to the next number 26 (chabbees).

B&B Shaver Categories:
The people who come to B&B initially for help and advice.
2. Those that have passed through the initial stages, and all of a sudden… shaving has become a hobby.
3. Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION. Y’know, multiple Acquisition Disorders and the desire to do all sorts of shaving experiments that your grandfather would have laughed out loud at (or maybe cried). Enabling others (to “help” them by exacerbating their existing ADs). All that weird sort of stuff.
You know who you are.:letterk1:

What?

The BOSC is a brotherhood for all the fortunates (and unfortunates) who come under category “3” above.

Why?
Many of us are quite happy to be crazy. Others are a little worried by this situation and would appreciate some support in their “off the wall” ventures. Most of us like company, so if we’re already a little crazy it’s fun to join up with others of like “mind” (y’know, that thing we’re “out of”).

Who?
All shaving crazies, as loosely defined above.
If you’d like to join this intrepid band simply post “I’m in.”
Then add BOSC to your signature (just to let everyone “know” you’re crazy :wink2:).

THANK YOU TO THE INITIAL BOSC MEMBERS who got this idea up and running, and who obviously don’t need to say they’re in:
@Raven Koenes, @Esox, @Chan Eil Whiskers, @ZigZiglar. :thumbup:

All existing and new brothers are encouraged to post their shaving thoughts, the crazier the better.

Let the madness begin. :laugh:
I was afraid of this. 3. Thought I could look around here and get away with it.
Ordered the 1909 yesterday. How bloody typical 👻

Top Bottom