What's new

Arko is King

A great soap that smells like...well soap is supposed too (at least for us by the Mediterranean sea) and performs amazingly well.
At 0.50 USD per stick what's not to like?
Again the whole thing about the ...smell greatly puzzles me ,first I thought it was an American thing but than I remembered that the IVORY soap I used when I lived in the US in the 80s smelled just the same....like soap is supposed to.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Get a year’s worth of Arko sticks. Unwrap them and put them under your deck at the beginning of summer. They will keep the carpenter bees, feral cats, and possums away. When the weather turns cool, gather them up and you can stand to be in the same room with them!

Seriously, aired-out Arko isn’t bad at all. Fresh has too much citronella for my nose.
That'll likely keep your friends and neighbors away too.

Get a year’s worth of Arko sticks. Unwrap them and put them under your deck at the beginning of summer. They will keep the carpenter bees, feral cats, and possums away. When the weather turns cool, gather them up and you can stand to be in the same room with them!

Seriously, aired-out Arko isn’t bad at all. Fresh has too much citronella for my nose.
See this is how you end up with me under your deck LOL

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
If Elon Musk himself likes Arko, do we really need a solid proof to convince anyone that this is the best shaving soap ever made? Or perhaps he can buy the brand and create even more flavors and scents and perhaps one day Arko is going to be send and later on produced on Mars as well as the first and only soap and somewhere in the future the whole galaxy and then the whole universe will use Arko. You just sit and watch!
Yeah apparently he's planning a cannabis scent
_103330503_musk3.jpg

If Elon Musk himself likes Arko, do we really need a solid proof to convince anyone that this is the best shaving soap ever made? Or perhaps he can buy the brand and create even more flavors and scents and perhaps one day Arko is going to be send and later on produced on Mars as well as the first and only soap and somewhere in the future the whole galaxy and then the whole universe will use Arko. You just sit and watch!
Or he can launch some sticks into space, and they can float until some aliens beam them aboard their ship.

I believe @ElonsMusk is the second smartest person to have posted on this here thread.

I have prepaid my funeral, and Arko will be used as the embalming agent, just like the Pharaohs of Olde....
Honestly, sometmes you make me laugh for more than a minute.
And sometimes I remember your joke during the day and then a short laugh can be heard.

Hello. First of all, I am Turkish and I live in Turkey. I want to put an end to this topic. [emoji4]

We have 2 traditional shaving forums. We made many requests to the evyap company, which has been producing Arko shaving soap for years, but they did not even respond. Because their target audience is barbers in Turkey, not traditional shavers. Because, individually, the mass of traditional shaving is very small. Barbers buy this soap box by box.

What our barbers are looking for in shaving soap is not smell or anything else, just cheap. If the formula changes, if they include better quality products, if they change the fragrance profile, barbers will not buy it because the cost will increase. Also, this soap has been in production since 1957 and this is the scent that Turkish people are used to. This scent is identified as the barber scent. That's why it's very difficult to change the scent and formula of Arko.

Hello. First of all, I am Turkish and I live in Turkey. I want to put an end to this topic. [emoji4]

We have 2 traditional shaving forums. We made many requests to the evyap company, which has been producing Arko shaving soap for years, but they did not even respond. Because their target audience is barbers in Turkey, not traditional shavers. Because, individually, the mass of traditional shaving is very small. Barbers buy this soap box by box.

What our barbers are looking for in shaving soap is not smell or anything else, just cheap. If the formula changes, if they include better quality products, if they change the fragrance profile, barbers will not buy it because the cost will increase. Also, this soap has been in production since 1957 and this is the scent that Turkish people are used to. This scent is identified as the barber scent. That's why it's very difficult to change the scent and formula of Arko.

You've got it all wrong. None ever said anything about replacing the original scent, but rather than adding a few more new scents as an option like they have a couple of different shaving creams.

There's really only one solution to this: Arko should take over Saponificio Varesino.

The newly formed behemoth would take over both the upper and lower echelons of the shaving world.

Noble Caterina de Medici meets the commoner Ataturk.

Soon after the merge, there would be a $79.99 SV Arko Commemorative Limited Edition, in a red tin case, with the added benefit of overcoming one of Arko's weak points: its price (or lack thereof).

At $79.99 Arko would, like any self respecting Hollywood star, be able to dress like a bum and yet, be regarded as an exotic, trendsetter influencer.

Johnny Depp would be the brand's ambassador, of course!

You've got it all wrong. None ever said anything about replacing the original scent, but rather than adding a few more new scents as an option like they have a couple of different shaving creams.

No Sir i am not.

Individual users still use creams, but barbers, who are the buyers of shaving soap, give up on Arko as soon as the price increases. It is replaced by equivalent products such as "Derby" or "More For You". We also want the scent profile to change, but they don't. Like I said, the only issue is cost.

The price of Arko shaving soap in Turkey is 0.36 dollars. The price drops even more in bulk purchases.

No Sir i am not.

Individual users still use creams, but barbers, who are the buyers of shaving soap, give up on Arko as soon as the price increases. It is replaced by equivalent products such as "Derby" or "More For You". We also want the scent profile to change, but they don't. Like I said, the only issue is cost.

The price of Arko shaving soap in Turkey is 0.36 dollars. The price drops even more in bulk purchases.

How exactly is adding 2-3 or more options of the same soap but with different scent and still keeping the original are going to make the original product more expensive? Whatever people are buying more creams or soaps is unknown for us, since none of us is related to the company and has any info on their production and financial profits.

This topic will end with the release of Arko Rose. No one asks for the replacement of Arko but a release of Arko Rose, Arko Lavender, Arko Sandalwood and so on...
It sounds like Evyap cannot do it or don't know how. They certainly don't want to expand, don't want to reach other markets/customers and do not want to make higher profit.
My bet is that they don't know how to make soap and got stuck with the same thing, since 1957.:laugh:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This topic will end with the release of Arko Rose. No one asks for the replacement of Arko but a release of Arko Rose, Arko Lavender, Arko Sandalwood and so on...
It sounds like Evyap cannot do it or don't know how. They certainly don't want to expand, don't want to reach other markets/customers and do not want to make higher profit.
My bet is that they don't know how to make soap and got stuck with the same thing, since 1957.:laugh:
Or that perfection was reached in 1957.

Top Bottom