What's new

Explain Your User Name

Favourite band. What can I say beyond that? My nickname is pretty unimaginative, my name with a Y at the end, so I thought I might go a bit more exotic.

Loving the drinking games, that's probably a thread in itself. Although I am an accountant, my mental arithmetic is rubbish so when we played Fizz Buzz, a variant of Buzz Bang which for some reason is based on 3s and 5s substitutions, I got it horribly wrong.

Spoof is pretty popular here and some ex-Jakarta mates and I have had a few Zoom sessions at it - one guy is in Spain and it's generally his early afternoon being six hours behind, but he's made of stern stuff and will have some wine.

Another almost guaranteed to mess someone up is Think While You Drink: Whoever starts calls out a name. It has to be someone famous, can be sports, film, TV, politics or historical, but in most variants, has to be real. Generally, repeated use is not allowed. For instance: Johnny Wilkinson (rugby). The turn goes clockwise and the next person has to come up with a name that begins with "W", so perhaps Will Smith (actor), but, crucially, while thinking, you must drink. The others will encourage you by shouting "DRINK!!" until you come up with a name. This gets harder the longer the game goes on! If the next person comes up with someone whose names have the same initial, i.e., Steve Smith (cricket) the direction reverses. This can get particularly messy if say Will Smith took some getting - the guy who called it is sitting quite relieved then bang, it's back to him. I've seen grown men reduced to gibbering wrecks on tour.

I play like playing sim racing games.
Unfortunatelly i'm working two jobs for some years now and i really don't have much time for that.
Whenever i renew my iRacing account, i just don't have time to train much or run more than 3-4 races a week and off-course i'm at the back of the field most of the time...so i'm a backmarker.

"Benzadmiral" because it's the name I use on some other forums. I created it in about '05 when I joined a car forum. My most recent car and favorite to that point was an '86 Mercedes W126, the big 420SEL sedan. It was German, large and powerful, and battleship grey; I was its commander and told it where to cruise; thus, "Benzadmiral."

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
"Benzadmiral" because it's the name I use on some other forums. I created it in about '05 when I joined a car forum. My most recent car and favorite to that point was an '86 Mercedes W126, the big 420SEL sedan. It was German, large and powerful, and battleship grey; I was its commander and told it where to cruise; thus, "Benzadmiral."
I think you just described my wife!

Except, I've never been her "Commander".... I've been more like her Gilligan...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm a Texan. I'm a lawyer (among other things). I've used this handle on a number of fora over the last twenty years or so from back when I was too busy to come up with something more clever.

Plus, it just kinda rolls off the tongue.

FarmerTan

I'm a Texan. I'm a lawyer (among other things). I've used this handle on a number of fora over the last twenty years or so from back when I was too busy to come up with something more clever.

Plus, it just kinda rolls off the tongue.
And no one likes you.

Until they need you!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Zig:
My user name is a 'play on words' of the fictional character Edmond Dantes in Dumas's illustrious book as the barber of Livorno (after cutting his long hair and uses a straight razor ["Merkur / Solingen of course. King Gillette... I'll have my revenge yet"]) to shave off his beard after 14 years of isolation.

And as he sits in the chair of the horrified barber, Edmond coyly says"Yeah, guess I havent kept up with the grooming". The others waiting in line are sailors (i.e., smugglers), who had rescued Dantes from the sea after his escape from the prison
of ChateauD'If.
escape-icon-png.1016467

full

Moreover, besides liking my avatar and humorous shaving related screen name, I really enjoyed that book and can sympathize with him. He was a good man, yet unsuspecting, magnanimous and just a little naive in nature that only needed inner strength
to overcome.

However, almost all through my life, I have known that to live in this world of human affairs one should have a universal awareness, be well versed, well read and well traveled. :thumbsup:

"To me, ...[usernames do] matter. Everyone is into [shaving]. It's [one of the ways] we stay in business". Harvey Mackay

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
The Chicago Pale Hose & one of the MLB’s all-time greats, on the right ... Joseph Jefferson Jackson - aka, Shoeless Joe.

As a minor leaguer, he began this one particular game wearing a brand new pair of spikes, which immediately commenced to blistering his feet. He tossed them into the dugout & played the rest of the game in his stocking feet. Following an extra-bases hit, some fan yelled out, “Way to run you shoeless SOB”! And the moniker stuck.

FarmerTan

Or until they wish they'd known they needed me. 😉
SO true my friend.

It's a pity more folks never consider having a Living Trust written up.

We had a young baby when we first did ours. It wasn't cheap, but my wife's folks had one, and theirs really has made my wife's headaches in dealing with things RELATIVELY easy.

And until I actually sat down and added up our assets, I had no idea I needed a Lawyer.

Top Bottom