What's new

Explain Your User Name

Why did you pick the user name that you did?

For me, it was a character from a video game. Breath of Fire 3 was a game on the original PlayStation. A minor character was Zig, a muscular ship captain with a black beard and mohawk. Zig was full of himself, but he could back up his words. He wasn't a pirate, but he sure looked like one.

My brother jokingly called me Zig the pirate when I got back from my 4th combat tour because I had a black beard and mohawk, so that's how I picked the name for B&B.
You?

By the way, it's my 40th birthday today so this is an incognito PIF. I'm picking a winner in one week.
Born and raised in Wisconsin and Wisconsin is the badger state, so Im Badgerstate.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I like Whisky and Whiskey. Be it Bourbon, “craft”, American, Rye, Tennessean, Scotch, Malt, Single Malt, Blended, Canadian, Irish, Japanese, Taiwanese, Indian, cask strength, barrel proof, single barrel, bottled in bond, charcoal filtered, non-charcoal filtered, wheated, and good old white lightning corn whisky.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Two reasons...

Firstly, I consider myself a freethinker, and always walked my own path through life, irrespective of where the footsteps of others may fall. I've never looked very far ahead, and avoided any trappings such as property, relationships, and having kids. The idea of being "settled" in life always seemed a little claustrophobic to me.

Secondly, chronic neurological issues, including vision issues and a balance disorder, mean I can't walk in a straight line...

How nice! To have a state called "Badger state!". And even better, to live in it! I trust you have many badgers! Both alive and in...brush! 😍 Suddenly Wisconsin has become my favourite US state! :laugh:
Well, I dont know how many actual badgers there are. Probably not any more than really any other state. It has more to do to the fact that back in the mid 1800s, when European people first moved there, it was so cold that they had to tunnel into the hills and, "live like badgers" just to not freeze to death. Wisconsin being called the, "badger state" actually has little to nothing to do with the actual animal.

Well, I dont know how many actual badgers there are. Probably not any more than really any other state. It has more to do to the fact that back in the mid 1800s, when European people first moved there, it was so cold that they had to tunnel into the hills and, "live like badgers" just to not freeze to death. Wisconsin being called the, "badger state" actually has little to nothing to do with the actual animal.

A bit disappointing, as i had imagined a sort of badger paradise, where you see badgers running in the forests, but interesting to learn nonetheless! Thank you sir!

When I was younger and playing baseball, I was at times the pitcher. One of my teammates would yell out "Huck the ball pal". Pretty soon it was "C'mon Huck". Then they just started calling me Huck. The 1680 refers to Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. One of the best QB-receiver combos EVER.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Since childhood I've been called Eoghan Bán, which transliterates into English as Owen Bawn. 'Bán' is a nickname that I got from an uncle when I was a baby because my hair was said to be as white as snow. I have a 'last name' as well, but I wouldn't use it online.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When I was younger and playing baseball, I was at times the pitcher. One of my teammates would yell out "Huck the ball pal". Pretty soon it was "C'mon Huck". Then they just started calling me Huck. The 1680 refers to Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. One of the best QB-receiver combos EVER.
One of my favorite ballplayers was a guy named Huck Betts, who pitched for the Phils but mostly for the Boston Braves in the 1930s. He was awful. A junkball pitcher, best known for his 'glass ball,' which they said 'breaks over the plate every time.'
huck.jpg

Initials of wife and I and I from Maui :) live on mainland now though :(
she was on Vacation :) met her in the Hot Tub where I lived :) so some back story

I joined in '09 after an Irish punk music forum, which had I belonged to for years, was fading out. I didn't expect to be here this long, so I kept the same username. As a silent film fan, my avatar is a screen capture from the 1915 French film, Les Vampires.

...my avatar is a screen capture from the 1915 French film, Les Vampires.
Musidora playing Irma Vep, in one of the world's longest films at approx. seven hours running time. The role made Musidora a star in France. The film is best digested in its ten instalments.
Irma Vep.jpg

in my opinion the best tasting 21 year old Irish whisky on the market I bought a bottle for each of my 5 grandsons to share or toast to the memory on their 21st birthday I'm just trying to pass on the love

Top Bottom