What's new

Explain Your User Name

Whooo-boy! Unfortunately, this also revolves around my youth and the consumption of beer. Not to make excuses, but it was the late 70’s, before urban sprawl. There where many nights, where we could just grab a 1/4 keg of cheap beer and just light up a bonfire and hangout drinking beer. Sometimes ya heard something about a similar situation and went there, and sometimes ya had yer own and ya sent the word out. Think movie “Dazed and Confused”. Anyway, sometime around 3 or 4 in the morning it was normal that us usual dudes would play a childhood mathematics game from elementary school called “Bizz Buzz Bang”, however we reduced it to “BuzzBang”. It is a multiplication game where we counted off starting at 1 and it sent around the bonfire. The game revolves around multiples of 3 and 7. So, Frank sez 1, Bob sez 2, I say ”Bizz” because it’s divisible by 3. If it’s only divisible by 7, it’s “Buzz”, if it’s divisible by 3 and 7 it's “Bang”, so 21 would be the first “Bang”. If you miss one of these, you chug. So it’s from my youth as a teenager/young man. The photo is of Greg Hodnett who died about 3 years ago, in his sprint car.
However I’d like to express my fondness of the handle “Vulcan Bubbles” - “Shave Long and Prosper”, and the photo of evil Spock with a goatee. It’s clever.

Sincerely,
Al

PS - Remember, always run flat out and never lift.

Last edited:
Well, Razorboy was already taken.
Historically, some of the youth gangs in England were called razor-gangs after their weapon of choice, an open razor.
A boy belonging to one of these gangs was a "razor-boy."
So, it's something of a double entendre, albeit an obscure one.

I’m a big WW2 buff and the P-51 Mustang is my favorite war plane. My other hobby is building up and racing Mustang GT’s.
Fun fact, the car was originally named after the plane but was later changed to the horse for marketing purposes.

First 5 letters of my last name and class year; part of the email address assigned by my university while I was a student (sarir97@).

I spelled something wrong in 1983 on a C=64 and it just kind of stuck. Rathsbuten is the full name if you look on the steam or Blizzard game things

A tool guy turned me onto a company called Bonney early in my career. They are no longer in business, but I've been on a hunt to accumulate as many of their tools as I can. Many people who know me only know me as Mr. Bonney.

Here are a few in my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3732.JPG
    IMG_3732.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 12
I have an old gamer tag that I would traditionally would use for usernames on forums. However, more recently, it's already taken a lot more often now so I tend to just use my gmail account name which is a variation of my real name.

Mine is an old Army nickname. My first unit, I was the first new guy in my platoon in quite some time. I was given the name Rookie. My second unit, there were some guys from my first. Later on, years down the road, an old Army buddy come into the restaurant I was working in and, recognizing me, shouted in a loud drunken voice "Hey Rookie!". The restaurant community is incredibly small, and for the next 7 years they all knew me as Rookie.
Since I can't seem to escape it, I've started embracing it. Now some variation of Rookie is my online handle everywhere I am (which really isn't many places).

Not the most interesting story, but the varied people in varied circumstances who know me as Rookie is somewhat impressive, from dirt bag line cooks to occupying a desk in the Pentagon. I joke with Mrs. Rookie that I'm well known by the people who know where the bodies are buried to the people who buried them.

Whooo-boy! Unfortunately, this also revolves around my youth and the consumption of beer. Not to make excuses, but it was the late 70’s, before urban sprawl. There where many nights, where we could just grab a 1/4 keg of cheap beer and just light up a bonfire and hangout drinking beer. Sometimes ya heard something about a similar situation and went there, and sometimes ya had yer own and ya sent the word out. Think movie “Dazed and Confused”. Anyway, sometime around 3 or 4 in the morning it was normal that us usual dudes would play a childhood mathematics game from elementary school called “Bizz Buzz Bang”, however we reduced it to “BuzzBang”. It is a multiplication game where we counted off starting at 1 and it sent around the bonfire. The game revolves around multiples of 3 and 7. So, Frank sez 1, Bob sez 2, I say ”Bizz” because it’s divisible by 3. If it’s only divisible by 7, it’s “Buzz”, if it’s divisible by 3 and 7 it's “Bang”, so 21 would be the first “Bang”. If you miss one of these, you chug. So it’s from my youth as a teenager/young man. The photo is of Greg Hodnett who died about 3 years ago, in his sprint car.
However I’d like to express my fondness of the handle “Vulcan Bubbles” - “Shave Long and Prosper”, and the photo of evil Spock with a goatee. It’s clever.

Sincerely,
Al

PS - Remember, always run flat out and never lift.

Holy you guys are ruthless. I would been the worst at that game being the very inadequate mathmagician that I am.
We used to play a similar game that is much more simple. "Sevens" it was called and like yours you start at 1, 2, 3, etc. until you got to a number that is a multiple of 7 or has 7 in the number. You would then say "Beer" and it would reverse. So 27 & 28 would often be the killer or most people. You'd then have to down your beer.

Anyways, Esky is just a variation of my last name, Eskra, and 15 is my number.

I’m enjoying the stories, good posts!
Mine doesn’t have a great backstory.
dmshaver, “dm” - my initials, followed by “shaver”. I know, genius, right?

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My lovely War Department can't decide if she finds my incredibly handsome face, or my pasty white torso more attractive, but I went with FarmerTan as it makes me sound like a humble oriental gardener.

Top Bottom