What's new

Explain Your User Name

Why did you pick the user name that you did?

For me, it was a character from a video game. Breath of Fire 3 was a game on the original PlayStation. A minor character was Zig, a muscular ship captain with a black beard and mohawk. Zig was full of himself, but he could back up his words. He wasn't a pirate, but he sure looked like one.

My brother jokingly called me Zig the pirate when I got back from my 4th combat tour because I had a black beard and mohawk, so that's how I picked the name for B&B.
You?

By the way, it's my 40th birthday today so this is an incognito PIF. I'm picking a winner in one week.

Last edited:
I first signed up with my real name. After looking around a bit I saw that nobody used their real names. So I had an admin change it.

I was born in Texas and moved to Oklahoma. I’ve never lost my fondness for the Lone Star state, but also have pride in my adopted state.

Many people outside of Texas calls Texans Tex and everyone knows that Oklahomans are Okies. So TexOkie was born.

My nickname.

Picked up a long time ago when my friends and I stumbled into a Mexican restaurant all hammered and I ordered a “Burrito Chango” off the menu.

Lit. Monkey. Although my Colombian friends use it to refer to a small kid that’s a brat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 24
Your bookshelves amaze me; we seem to share a similar taste in books, but you are more of an obsessive completist than I am.

One of my favorite bands: Drive-by Truckers. DBT! is an easily repeated chant when encouraging an encore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
The nickname my older brother gave me as a child. The same brother who said gypsies abandoned me roadside, and my adopted parents planned to take me back (Mom blew a gasket over that one). The brother who threw my teddy bear out the window as we crossed Kansas on our way to Yellowstone. And, those itty bitty round silver sugar cookie decorations?.. He’d load them in my Daisy BB rifle and take headshots.

All said, he’s a pretty cool brother, and it’s a nickname that evokes fond memories.

Top Bottom