What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, no oil
Soap: Speick, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4, Astra SP #2
Post-shave: Brut AS, Nivea Balm.

Another autopilot DFS with the Rockwell. Speick works just as well as Palmolive for me. :thumbup: Maybe it's time to try a solid week of MWF, though.

Still in. SOTD - 10 FEB 2021

SOTD 02102021.jpg

Nice and easy shave. BBS result with slight irritation on the neck that went away soon.

Still in, another impressive shave with the FaTip Gentile and Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- The Goodfellas' Smile Savage Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Dolce & Gabbana The One aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Special Edition (Gentile Head)
- Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

I am out!

What happened? Did you decide you needed some Shark blades? Let me save you, I am using a Shark for the One Blade in February Challenge. It is not a bad blade, but there are many much better for around the same price.

Does your wife think you spend too much time on Badger and Blade? Let me save you, I have a wife too, my third. Having said that you should be able to see how great relationship advice is from a guy like me. Dump her, the web community if far more important and you will be much happier?

Half the fun of these things is getting to laugh at the reasons people fail! Whatever the reason, I hope you enjoy the reason you failed.

Just shaved and still in
Pre shave: Hot face wash
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Shark SS (2)
Brush: Omega Synthetic brush
Soap: Thiers Issard Vetiver
Post shave: Alum block
Nivea Protect & Care ASB
SV Skin Repair - Shea butter

3 pass shave plus touch ups.
First time face lathered in a while, but a nice BBS shave for me 🤩🤩🤩

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What happened? Did you decide you needed some Shark blades? Let me save you, I am using a Shark for the One Blade in February Challenge. It is not a bad blade, but there are many much better for around the same price.

Does your wife think you spend too much time on Badger and Blade? Let me save you, I have a wife too, my third. Having said that you should be able to see how great relationship advice is from a guy like me. Dump her, the web community if far more important and you will be much happier?

Half the fun of these things is getting to laugh at the reasons people fail! Whatever the reason, I hope you enjoy the reason you failed.
A lying vendor sent me the wrong pack of blades.

Still in.

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium OC / Scalloped Top Cap
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Chisel and Hound “Buffalo Valley” 26mm V9 Fanchurian Badger
Lather: Barrister and Mann Vespers (sample)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre de Drago Aftershave / Cologne (sample)
Additional Care:
Osma Alum Block
Timeless Lather Bowl

Great Shave 4/5
3 passes (WTG, XTG & ATG)
+ BBS
+ No cuts, weepers, tugging or razor bumps / ingrowns
- Some feedback with alum
- Minor irritation on right side of neck

Second shave with Timeless OC. Very efficient. I need to work on on my technique with it, I think I’m using a bit of pressure still.

Received a sample of Vespers from a very kind member of B&B. Vespers was a nice scent, not as dark compared to Beaudelaire and Lavanille, which was good for me. I can see why it is such a popular scent. I don’t get Christmas from it but would be a nice winter scent.

I enjoyed Sangre de Drago but unfortunately my wife had a bad reaction to the scent that kept getting worse so I had to wash it off after a few minutes. Guess I won’t be getting that one.

Top Bottom