What's new

February 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in ..... and if all my shaves this month are as awesome as today’s, should be smooth sailing
1462A6F6-6854-4B1F-BB89-87DC54860EA1.jpeg

Still in. SOTD - 03 FEB 2021

SOTD 02032021.jpg

Good shave. I tried the Haslinger again but today with plenty of water. I bowl lathered and it created a lot of lather with 15 sec load. However, the slickness wasn't quite there and same with residual. Felt a lot more drag on the skin today but the result was still surprisingly good. Clean DFS with no irritations.

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage oil
Soap: Speick, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84 SB, Astra SP #5, GC.68 SB, Wizamet #1
Post-shave: Brut AS, Nivea Balm.

Tried the safety bar .84 again. It makes more noise than the open comb, which I like, but I suspect it's because it doesn't clamp the blade so firmly. Relaxing DFS.

Speick is another stick that turns into an excellent puck. I haven't found a bad stick soap yet.

Still in.

R41 Twist
Wilkinson Sword White (Day 5)
Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian
Taylors of Old Bond St Sandalwood Soap

Very good. The highlight was building a heavy/thick lather, a Chubby 2 brush was recruited for the honors. Yesterday's shave I didn't load as much lather and the result was OK but average, so today I loaded from the puck for a good 30-40 seconds while adding water every so often.
I was able to get 3 fantastic face lathers out of the brush, adding some more water for the 3rd pass's lathering.
Consuming more soap to get an improved shave in this case was a fair trade.
Also getting the hang of the R41, it definately needs some fine motor skills to drive it without seeing red.

Hi, all! Completed the January GRUME and, while I’m late, I’ve made no purchases in February so I’m back in for another.

1) FoolishMortal
2) CzechCzar
3) SharpieB
4) Sinnbad11
5) B_R_A_D
6) Jmp63 - Annual
7) cryhavoc - Annual
8) ‘Bout Time
9) Doti B
10) henrickd - Annual
11) AZBronco
12) Roedeer
13) Timeclo
14) Sotiris_A
15) Abz88
16) hopper_64
17) woodwzrd
18) MaineYooper
19) FL shaver
20) Contact_vs_Feedback - Annual
21) Stuart Ganis
22) Lee93
23) Rhody
24) pdieten - Annual
25) Chef455
26) mattps1 - Annua
27) leverspro
28) wmadoty - Annual - One Blade in February
29) Tomo
30) 4and20blackbirds

Still in and my ' List ' is getting short with each great shaves as my need for great soap is satisfied with what I already have.

After shaving with Tabac, I ask myself why do I need anymore soaps ?

Rating : 8/10

First good shave of the month, hopefully it keeps on going.

Razor : RR Game Changer OC 84
Brush : Chubby 3/ Beehive
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Black (3)
Soap : Tabac Original
A/ S : Alum Bloc and Anherb ASC

Attachments

• IMG_20210204_221454.jpg
    IMG_20210204_221454.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
Still in.

Crappy weather and roads have me working from home today so I decided not to shave. Another factor in that decision was I was expecting a mail call from an order I put in last week for a set of PAA Doppelganger Gray Label so I figured I would wait so I could use it tomorrow. Being a fan of Creed Aventus, I have Stirling Executive Man and A&E Spartacus and while I really like them both I am just not pleased with how quickly they both fade. I am really hoping this PAA version hangs around longer.

And it is here!
imageedit_2_5115924864.jpg

Still in.

Well, this February GRUME is much needed 😬 2 of my 4 purchases in January arrived today and not going to lie, am a wee bit excited. Just waiting on the knot to arrive from AP Shave Co and a soap and splash set then that’s it... for a few months at least... hopefully... No seriously though, going to enjoy what I have for least the next few months, no temptations right now.

BB3DDCE4-972C-4447-94B1-346BE10510A2.jpeg

CE4F6404-A415-4355-98D0-49FDE7D4FCE2.jpeg

Still in.

Well, this February GRUME is much needed 😬 2 of my 4 purchases in January arrived today and not going to lie, am a wee bit excited. Just waiting on the knot to arrive from AP Shave Co and a soap and splash set then that’s it... for a few months at least... hopefully... No seriously though, going to enjoy what I have for least the next few months, no temptations right now.

View attachment 1218153
View attachment 1218155
I'm a huge Grizzly Bay fan! I have 5 or 6. I also really like the fanchurian knot, I have several iterations of it. Which timeless did you pick?

Edit: I now see all the baseplates, it looks like you picked all of them!

Top Bottom