What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Shavemac 26mm fan and bulb...28mm fan and bulb
20201009_163221.jpg

arrival today from CBL!
super fast delivery!
shave soap stick, "Banned" Clubman scent!
shavette in orange!
plus freebie puck holder, who knows how to use this!
anyway, looking forward to auditioning these soon!!

View attachment 1165918
That's a gorgeous shavette! It looks kind of like the Kai I have seen on Amazon, but I've never seen it in the orange color.
Who makes it, and where did you get it? I would love to have one of these in my den, provided you think it is well made and provides a good shave. Thanks in advance.

I received my brush handle yesterday from Chisel & Hound, formerly that Darn Rob. The handle and craftsmanship is perfect, I think the color combination is stunning. I knotted it this morning with a knot from Milton from Turn N Shave V5 26mm fan tip Gel that I have had for a couple of months now. I will give it a PAA brush bath shortly and tee it up for my Sunday shave.

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@kingfisher

Been staring at it a few times a day since seeing @sarimento1 ’s reveal in this thread.

My assumption is that it’s like the ones you can get from AliExpress, but quicker shipping and less anxiety for the still less-than-Feather markup.

@kingfisher

Been staring at it a few times a day since seeing @sarimento1 ’s reveal in this thread.

My assumption is that it’s like the ones you can get from AliExpress, but quicker shipping and less anxiety for the still less-than-Feather markup.

Thanks. I thought it looked a lot like a Kai razor. Guess it's an inexpensive Kai clone. May have to get me one of those. I use a lime green Feather SS all the time, which is awesome; it'd be nice to have the orange-handled beast for fall/winter.

That's a gorgeous shavette! It looks kind of like the Kai I have seen on Amazon, but I've never seen it in the orange color.
Who makes it, and where did you get it? I would love to have one of these in my den, provided you think it is well made and provides a good shave. Thanks in advance.

as reported above, the orange shavette is mythus brand, apparently distributed by chris' shave storefront.
almost identical to kai, but with scallop dimpling on the face to catch lather.
kai might be slightly more durable on initial comparison. slightly heavier than the mythus.
weights, mythus 44-g, feather 44+g, kai 52g.
will report after shaving, soon.
but love the orange color! will pair nicely with Myrsol F!!

IMG_7024.JPG

IMG_7025.JPG

as reported above, the orange shavette is mythus brand, apparently distributed by chris' shave storefront.
almost identical to kai, but with scallop dimpling on the face to catch lather.
kai might be slightly more durable on initial comparison. slightly heavier than the mythus.
weights, mythus 44-g, feather 44+g, kai 52g.
will report after shaving, soon.
but love the orange color! will pair nicely with Myrsol F!!

View attachment 1166738

View attachment 1166739
Check out the razor called the Kai Kasho on amazon. You will see that your new razor is a clone of a Kai razor, just a different model.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
IIRC, @Sabre calls them clones of the KAI Luffy.

And since my recall is not to be trusted, I looked it up:

The two AliExpress clones I have bought have been based on the Feather SS and the Kai Luffy, they are very similar.

Luffy Clone

If you just look at other products you will find an SS clone.

Top Bottom