What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Rich Leukroth Empire State

EA3CE210-D539-40B5-98B8-E168CD79D31F.jpeg
43719A18-B20C-477F-91B1-813F7E675FEB.jpeg

This is the follow-up to my post from a couple of weeks ago in which I discovered that a brush that Yaqi had sent was not only damaged beyond repair, but also the wrong brush!

Well, today, the replacement arrived and it is a real beauty. It also performs like a champ. Even with the short loft (46mm), it feels much softer and more compliant than their bulb-shaped Tuxedo brushes with a 55mm loft.

During my first shave with this brush, I was surprised by its plushness. Combined with the super-soft tips, it's like rubbing a cloud on your face! :biggrin1:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Fan-Shaped Tuxedo:

proxy.php

proxy.php

As a side note... This is supposedly a "defect" brush, but you have to examine the handle very carefully to detect it. There are a few air bubbles trapped in the resin that appear as tiny spots, smaller than the size of a pinhead. The surface is smooth, so you can't feel them. These minor visual imperfections blend in so well that you wouldn't notice them unless you're zoomed in like below:

proxy.php

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
These items arrived today.

I've never tried Williams before, so I thought I have to try it at least once.
I also got a nice Marvy shave mug for the Williams, the puck fits perfectly inside the ring at the bottom of the mug.

I did try Arko a few years ago and hated it, but decided I wanted to give it another try. Last time I tried it, it burned my face after a few shaves, but want to see if it was actually from the Arko or maybe something else.

20201008_130652_kindlephoto-12146760.jpg

These items arrived today.

I've never tried Williams before, so I thought I have to try it at least once.
I also got a nice Marvy shave mug for the Williams, the puck fits perfectly inside the ring at the bottom of the mug.

I did try Arko a few years ago and hated it, but decided I wanted to give it another try. Last time I tried it, it burned my face after a few shaves, but want to see if it was actually from the Arko or maybe something else.

View attachment 1165740

Great choices! Enjoy ‘em!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I was glancing at some ads on B&B when this brush came up and thought that is a interesting brush and has my favorite Yaqi Tuxedo knot but is larger than my others 26mm VS 24mm. It has those cloud like soft tips with back bone.
Yaqi Roll of the dice 26mm synthetic tuxedo knot brush..jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

From Spain to the UK

Outer bag cut open to show sealed parcel:
Rasozero-1_2020-10-08.jpg

Wrapping removed and box opened:
Rasozero-2_2020-10-08.jpg

Box emptied:
Rasozero-3_2020-10-08.jpg

Goods unwrapped:
Rasozero-4_2020-10-08.jpg

... and opened up:
Rasozero-5_2020-10-08.jpg

This is real budget stuff from Tcheon Fung Sing, but I liked the citrus idea and had to have them. Nowhere in the UK could I find the ASL so after much searching I got both the croap and the ASL from La Barbería Shop in Spain.

Together the croap and ASL cost €10.75 :001_smile then shipping was €15.90 :sad: on top of that.

I had my first shave with them a couple of hours ago. If you'd like to see how I found them I've recorded it in my journal HERE.

Top Bottom